Help me decide!

I just got back from Freedom and I'm ready to book another cruise. I have a cruise booked on the Sovereign 4 day in April, but I am going to cancel and book a longer cruise for the same week. My choices are either a 7 day Western Caribbean on Grandeur of the Seas or 7 day Eastern Caribbean on Caribbean Princess. I love Royal Caribbean but feel like I can predict everything about the cruise before we even get there (food, activities, C&A benefits, etc.) So I'm torn between trying Princess and staying with Royal Caribbean. I feel like if I try Princess and don't care for them, it really won't matter because I am going on Mariner again in July 2008.

Anyways here are the iteneraries-

Grandeur- Tampa, At Sea, Grand Cayman, Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, At Sea, Tampa

Caribbean Princess- Ft. Lauderdale, At Sea, At Sea, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, At Sea, Princess Cays, Ft. Lauderdale

Pricing is similar, $1200 P/P balcony on Grandeur, $1050 P/P balcony on CB.

Any ideas?

Nice signature listing lots of cruises of varied types. Why not add a CB to it?

I thought Grandeur was OK. Nothing in comparison to a Voyager Class let alone a Freedom Class. It was clean and nice. The rooms were a little small and even though our cruise was the first out of drydock refurb, I found the bathroom still too worn and old fashioned...make it worse the A/C was just not up to par. It never dropped below 84 degrees in our room.

If the choice were grandeur 7 days or a four day....well Grandeur for sure.

Grandeur or no cruise? Grandeur for sure.

Though I have no Princess cruises, that ship looks stunning....and it is cheaper too. Try it.

Try Princess. You'll either find out why you never want to leave RCI or find that variety is nice and come to apprciate the two different styles of lines. We have tried several (almost Princess in 2008) but decided we like the Itin for S. Carib better. Sometimes we select the line based on the Itin. We did carnival out of Tampa 1. because we live there but 2. Because we thought it would be cool to go up the Mississippi to N. O. on a crusie ship.

Variety is the spice of life. We prefer RCI but not afraid to try others, just don't compare just enjoy the difference. When you compare you disappoint yourself.

I've cruised both Princess and Royal Caribbean. Truthfully, I look for the best price. I have found, this year, that the cruises I have looked at (out of NY/NJ) have been much cheaper with Princess. Last year the opposite. Last year we booked an outside on the GOS on a 9 day Western Caribbean for 599 pp. This year the prices for the 9 day oustide cabins are very much higher. We did just book the Crown Princess for a 7 day out of NY for 499 pp (with past passenger savings). I couldn't believe the price when I checked a month ago. Have no fear booking Princess. I find the 2 lines to be more alike than different. Good luck in which ever you pick!!

I'd go on the Princess one as well. Especially since u r doing another RCI that same year. Go and you will have fun...definitely a better decision either was over short Sovereign one. Enjoy! :)

Archived