Moving posts

Poulsbo Cruisers

Earlier today there was an interesting post regarding NCL's change in policy to allow nice jeans in the dining room. While the post had NCL in the title, this quickly became a post regarding whether or not Princess should follow suit (no pun intended). And although I was slammed pretty badly for believing that every night should be smart casual, I definitely felt that regardless of the title of the post, it did deal with an issue important to Princess cruisers. However, it has been moved to the NCL board. I know that until a few minutes ago, I had never read one post on the NCL board.

Maybe I am an exception, but I tend to feel that most cruisers primarily read the boards that deal with the cruise line they prefer. I don't understand why this particular post was moved. Does the web master mainly use the title to detemine the correct board? Will this post be moved because it does not apply strictly to a Princess issue?

Earlier today there was an interesting post regarding NCL's change in policy to allow nice jeans in the dining room. While the post had NCL in the title, this quickly became a post regarding whether or not Princess should follow suit (no pun intended)?

The jeans in the dining room topic has been debated ad nauseum on this Princess forum. The posted topic related to NCL's change in policy, not Princess' so it was redirected to the appropriate forum i.e. NCL. The redirects are an easy way for people to find their way to a topic taht they'd like to participate in that has been moved.

The fact that dress is such a constant topic on the board is tiresome after a few years ! But the good thing about this post is that for cruisers who really want to be able to wear jeans (and there are many), this does point them to what may be a very good option for them.

It's unlikely that they are going to find out anyother way, as most people just read for one cruiseline.

Archived