Overwater Bungalows

parislady40

I am sure that I am not the ony poor swimmer to travel to the islands!!:o This is in fact my second visit. I really want an overwater bungalow where the water is not too deep, so that I can spend time in the water. I hear the IC in Bora Bora has emerald bungalows that are in fairly shallow water. I am interested in Tahiti, Moorea, and Bora Bora, so experts, please weigh in and help me in my dilema!!

My vote is for the Sheraton Moorea! Although there is plenty of coral (and fish), you can stand in many sandy areas too. Plus, the pool and beach areas are nice too. If you are doing a land-based vacation, you won't have to fly over (take the ferry across from Tahiti), and there is plenty to see on the island of Moorea. Here's a view showing the depth of the water...

IMG_1971.jpg

We stayed in an OWB the Pearl resort in BB and there was crystal clear water for as far as the eye could see. There were areas that you could snorkel into (coral gardens) if you wanted to. We also took a blow up raft and just flaoted around - that was very relaxing. The water was waist deep.

We also had an OWB at the IC at Tahiti (also very nice) but there were heaps of sea urchins around so I was less inclined to snorkel there.

I second the Moorea Sheraton. We snorkeled pretty far out from #109 and could find spots to stand up in the sand to readjust our masks.

Tina!!! I've been waiting to see you here! THANK YOU for leaving the note in our safe, and for the coffee card! Seems like we followed you to #109 too!!! We had a fabulous time!!!! Check out my pictures!!

All the suggestions are making me feel so at ease. I thought that if I brought a blow up raft or a light water lounger, I would look odd. I have a net lounger that folds right up. I am now looking forward to the OWB. I will let you know what we decide!

Tina!!! I've been waiting to see you here! THANK YOU for leaving the note in our safe, and for the coffee card! Seems like we followed you to #109 too!!! We had a fabulous time!!!! Check out my pictures!!

x

Wasn't 109 fabulous! I really and truly felt like crying when it was time to go home. We had no neighbors the first night. We have the sunset on film - it's insane - the Paul Gaugin sailed in front of the sun and I thought the video would be ruined but they actually got out of the way and it's amazing. I'm still working on my webshots and I'll see if the video can be linked. If not, I'll just post it here. Did you see the big fish every night through the glass panel? The spearfish kind of freaked me out.

We couldn't get late check-out. :( We took a shower at the last minute in the fitness center up the hill - freezing cold water!

I'm glad you could use the coffee card, I didn't drink as much as I thought I would. It was paid for so I'm glad Carlos left it there and you could use it. We never got around to getting a corkscrew and took the wine we bought with us to Moorea.

Heading off to look at your pics now!

We couldn;t get late check out either. Just hung out by the pool for most of the day. It started sprinkling, so I just changed in the bathroom. We had an awesome double rainbow as we left the hotel for the ferry back. We had the TP leave right in front of the sunset too. I think I posted a picture..if not, I'll add that one too.

Archived