Maasdam 1/5/08 'Charter' Saga Cont'd --

'The Bear'

A brief update on the outcome of the problem that I posted about around 1 month ago -- Having previously booked a B2B on 'MY' Maasdam (Sorry about that 'Sail' ;) ), for this and the 1/15/08 sailing; only to find out about the ship being chartered, and my chagrin at not being notified about this, at the time of the charter, by HAL.

Carol at JazzSea and my TA have worked out all the details and I, once again, am sailing on this 1/5/08 sailing -- I received my booking number yesterday !! :D :D

The two TA's involved accomplished everything that I had hoped for, and I don't even have to change rooms between cruises this time! :)

I was quick to complain; so I wanted to be equally quick to notify all of you of the successful resolution of this issue!

Thanks to all of you for expressing your concern --- and 'Happy Sailing' to all!

A brief update on the outcome of the problem that I posted about around 1 month ago -- Having previously booked a B2B on 'MY' Maasdam (Sorry about that 'Sail' ;) )' date=' for this and the 1/15/08 sailing; only to find out about the ship being chartered, and my chagrin at not being notified about this, at the time of the charter, by HAL.

Carol at JazzSea and my TA have worked out all the details and I, once again, am sailing on this 1/5/08 sailing -- I received my booking number yesterday !! :D :D

The two TA's involved accomplished everything that I had hoped for, and I don't even have to change rooms between cruises this time! :)

I was quick to complain; so I wanted to be equally quick to notify all of you of the successful resolution of this issue!

Thanks to all of you for expressing your concern --- and 'Happy Sailing' to all![/quote']

Great that you could resolve this? so, are you smehow part of this group and if so, what extra's will get? Are you invited to their party?

I'm glad everything worked out for you. But, I see on Jazzsea that they have chartered the whole ship (which of course is what a charter is :) ). Will you now be a full-fledged member of the group and able to enjoy all their special amenities or will you be excluded from their events such as pool parties, cocktail parties, etc?

Edit: Posted at same time as you, Jade, so didn't see yours.

A brief update on the outcome of the problem that I posted about around 1 month ago -- Having previously booked a B2B on 'MY' Maasdam (Sorry about that 'Sail' ;) )' date=' for this and the 1/15/08 sailing; only to find out about the ship being chartered, and my chagrin at not being notified about this, at the time of the charter, by HAL.

Thanks to all of you for expressing your concern --- and 'Happy Sailing' to all![/quote']

I know I'm just a lowly musician who works for HAL... but I actually grew up as a dixie/trad jazz player thanks to my dad who is a jazz trumpet player...

But I wonder if any pressure from the people involved with JazzSea might get me a 2 week transfer to join this charter... any ideas folks???

Archived