Cabin size

Rea

We are booked into cabin 1558 Cat D1. Has anyone had this cabin on Serenade of the Seas? Second question...are the ships decorated for Christmas the first week of December?

Thanks, Rea

We are booked into cabin 1558 Cat D1. Has anyone had this cabin on Serenade of the Seas? Second question...are the ships decorated for Christmas the first week of December?

Thanks, Rea

Haven't been on that ship, so can't help you there, not have I been on a ship around Christmas, so can't help you there either, lol! Have you done a search on the cabin selection section here on Cruisecritic? You might find someone who has been in that cabin and has pics, or at least that category. I haven't checked, so i apologize if you already posted there! Also there are several picture websites you can check-webshots.com, cruiseclues.com and I know there are other popular ones! Good luck!! :)

According to the deck plan, you will be sandwiched in between the Royal Suite and an Owners suite. The balcony looks to be larger than an average D1, but a bit of the view may be partially obstructed from the RS balcony.

Some people would think it's a great location, others wouldn't like it so you may just have to find out for yourself. For myself, I kind of like being up that high on a ship so I'd probably like it there.

The ship should have Christmas decorations the first week of December. We've been on a ship right after Thanksgiving and a couple of times at Christmas. They don't go over the top with decorations, but they are pretty.

• 9 months later...

Thanks, Rea

Hi Rea,

I wondered if you have done that cruise by now and how you feel about the cabin 1558. I have it on 24 hour hold for now and am trying to decide about swapping it out with another cabin that I booked earlier. It looks like it has a roomier balcony, but I've also read some negative remarks on this board. Any thoughts?

:confused:

We sailed the Sovereign the first week of December (Nov. 20-Dec. 3) last year. The ship was beautifully (and heavily) decorated for Christmas.

There were poinsettias everywhere, garland on all rails in the centrum, and a gingerbread village. There were a few Chanukah menorahs also.

Enjoy

M

Archived