Four Day Sovereign of The Seas Review

Whatta super review.........I've been on the Sovereign a dozen times and it is one of my favorite ships.......love the crew and staff.......

Never have been to the Fish Fry area....passed it,but never went.......think we might have to give it a try next time........

I would have to say to that poster who asked........Yes,it is very hot there in the summer.....:)

Wow, a dozen times on The Sovereign! I believe you're the "resident expert"

I need to take some lessons.............

Tanker 4

I agree with Kathy(PH8). First thanks for a great review. I too love the SOS. She is a gem. Yes she is older but compared to the other cruise line that cruises out of Pt. Canaveral on the three and four day cruises, there is no comparison. It will be a sad day when the Sovereign leaves the RCI fleet.

Also as Kathy stated, it is hot during the summer in Nassau. VERY HOT!!!!!! Of course we are putting up with 100 degree heat right now in Atlanta so I would take Nassau right now in a heartbeat!!!! :)

Thanks for the comments. I too will be sad the day she leaves Royal Caribbean. (Hopefully not anytime soon)

My Sister and BIL live in Gainesville Ga and they're thinking of coming down to visit in order to cool off! Been pretty wicked up your way. Glad to see that "Gator Nation" is up there though.

Tanker 4

Great review. My family and I are going for the second time on SOS in March. It will be 20 years to the day (we'll be in Nassau on the 19th for the 20th anniversary of our sailing Mar 19 1988):)

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2008;3;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

3/17/08 Sovereign of the Seas(4nt Bahamas)

6/24/06 Navigator of the Seas(Western Caribbean)

3/19/88 Sovereign of the Seas(Eastern Caribbean)

Wow, a dozen times on The Sovereign! I believe you're the "resident expert"

I need to take some lessons.............

Tanker 4

You already know the big lesson.................live 2 hours away........we do too...:D :D Great and cheaper than a beach hotel weekend getaway..

Again........super review.one of the best I have read...

My Sister and BIL live in Gainesville Ga and they're thinking of coming down to visit in order to cool off! Been pretty wicked up your way. Glad to see that "Gator Nation" is up there though.

Tanker 4

Very pretty up there..........been to a picnic at a park on Lake Lanier....

Thanks for the comments. I too will be sad the day she leaves Royal Caribbean. (Hopefully not anytime soon)

Tanker 4

It's a small world. I grew up in Brooksville just a few miles from Dade City.:)

It has been wicked up here this week. We hit above 100 three times in Atlanta this week and no rain.

The Gator nation is big up here. I love it. Of course I have to put up with an occasional Dawg fan from time to time but they aren't too bad as long we are beating them.:D

You already know the big lesson.................live 2 hours away........we do too...:D :D Great and cheaper than a beach hotel weekend getaway..

Again........super review.one of the best I have read...

Very pretty up there..........been to a picnic at a park on Lake Lanier....

Yoy're right about the big lesson. It's nice to be so close and as you also said, you can't beat the price! I hope RCL keeps her there forever.........

It's a small world. I grew up in Brooksville just a few miles from Dade City.:)

It has been wicked up here this week. We hit above 100 three times in Atlanta this week and no rain.

The Gator nation is big up here. I love it. Of course I have to put up with an occasional Dawg fan from time to time but they aren't too bad as long we are beating them.:D

It is a small world. I grew up in Tampa but we now live in Ridge Manor. (Had to get back out into the country.

Been watching your weather. It's been hot here but nothing like you guys. Mid 90's or so.

Love that Gator Nation. Keep them Dawg's on a tight leash........

Tanker

Sorry to be a little OT,but why is it Gator nation up in GA?? Are the two Gainesvilles sister cities??:confused:

Kathy, we have a lot of Gator fans here in the Atlanta area. You will see many Gator tags on the cars around town. The largest Gator club outside of Florida exists right here in Atlanta.:) We finally just received approval to get new GA state plates next year with the UF logo on it.

Great review Tanker, we are looking forward to our 3rd time on Sovereign in April 09...It is a great value and the crew are one of the friendliest on RCI...Later, Jill:cool:

Agree with you about the value and the crew of Sovereign. As Parrothead said, you can cruise on her cheaper than you can spend a long weekend at the beach.

Happy Cruisin..........

Tanker

Kathy, we have a lot of Gator fans here in the Atlanta area. You will see many Gator tags on the cars around town. The largest Gator club outside of Florida exists right here in Atlanta.:) We finally just received approval to get new GA state plates next year with the UF logo on it.

Really?? Thats wild..........I had no idea so many Gators lived up there..

Thanks for the great review Tanker. We are sailing on the SOS Sept. 24 for our third cruise on her. She is our second favorite ship with the Nordic Empress, now Empress of the Seas and the smallest RCCL ship, being our favorite. I recommend the SOS to anyone who wants to try there first cruise or just for a short get away. We are in central Florida now, used to be Michigan, and love the convienance and I couldn't beat the prices for this cruise. And now that I don't have to pay for airfare it's even better. Again Tanker this was a great and detailed review. I will try do the same for everyone on here.

Hap

I have really enjoyed reading your review, Tanker. Please continue to keep us updated with anything that you can remember about your trip. It sounds like you really had a good time. We are looking forward to going on her in Dec.

By the way, Dawg fans are alive and well in Ga even in our hot temps of around 102-105 this week! We are looking forward to our "friendly match" in J'ville this year. :D

Thanks for the great review Tanker. We are sailing on the SOS Sept. 24 for our third cruise on her. She is our second favorite ship with the Nordic Empress, now Empress of the Seas and the smallest RCCL ship, being our favorite. I recommend the SOS to anyone who wants to try there first cruise or just for a short get away. We are in central Florida now, used to be Michigan, and love the convienance and I couldn't beat the prices for this cruise. And now that I don't have to pay for airfare it's even better. Again Tanker this was a great and detailed review. I will try do the same for everyone on here.

Hap

Thanks Hap. Glad you enjoyed it. Know you will have a great time on the Sovereign. We always do and as you said, being in central Florida makes it nice and you can't beat the price.

Tanker

I have really enjoyed reading your review, Tanker. Please continue to keep us updated with anything that you can remember about your trip. It sounds like you really had a good time. We are looking forward to going on her in Dec.

By the way, Dawg fans are alive and well in Ga even in our hot temps of around 102-105 this week! We are looking forward to our "friendly match" in J'ville this year. :D

Thanks UGA. I was afraid that I had written too much already.

Gotta say that I'm a Gator Guy first and foremost but I like the Dawg's too.

Tanker

Archived