My first price drop!!!

I am so excited! I just checked the Royal Caribbean website and the cost of our cruise has just gone down. We have two D2 rooms booked and they have gone down $200 per room. We also have a L (inside) room, and it has also gone down $200!!!! I can't believe it! I just emailed my TA and hopefully I will hearing back from her soon telling me that she adjusted our price! I guess it really does pay off to check your cruise price!

Lucky you!! All the gratutities are paid for basically or you can go on a special shore excursion for the same price you thought you were paying before! Have a great cruise!! We are Disney lovers too!! Will be visiting with free dining package in Sept. Can't wait!!

Yes, she told me up front that she would honor any price reductions, and I just got three emails back from her showing my new prices! I am so excited! I have never had the price of a cruise actually go down before (not that I have been on all that many cruises). This just made my day!

Lucky you!! All the gratutities are paid for basically or you can go on a special shore excursion for the same price you thought you were paying before! Have a great cruise!! We are Disney lovers too!! Will be visiting with free dining package in Sept. Can't wait!!

Even better, my gratuities were already being paid by the TA! I feel like I should go out shopping now that I've saved all this money! LOL!

It is wonderful, isn't it?? I haven't been checking that much lately and the other night, I figured it was time to take a look.. sure enough, the price for our JS on the Navigator dropped $120.00 per person! $240.00 savings!! I was so excited!! :p

~Dawn

Even better, my gratuities were already being paid by the TA! I feel like I should go out shopping now that I've saved all this money! LOL!

That' really great!! Very lucky you. Maybe there is a shore excursion you may not have taken and now can or even book another cruise!! Have a nice time on the cruise and with the extra cash!!

• 2 weeks later...
Micknmin- We just found out about the price drop, Liberty 5-24-08 also, I just called my T.A. I hope he can help me out with this? For some reason he did not seem to happy about this. DISFANS3

Hopefully your TA will adjust it for you without any problems. I was a little hesitant to ask for the price drop, so instead of calling her on the phone, I sent her an email (I know it sounds silly to be afraid to call, but that is just the way I am). Within less than a half hour, I had new confirmation letters with the lower price on them and all of my OBCs still showing.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was another price drop before we actually cruise since it doesn't seem like there is going to be anyone else on this cruise other than your family and mine! It doesn't look like it will be very crowded at all.

My TA e-mailed us one day to let us know that she had caught a price drop on our previously booked crise. It was a savings of $350 ea. She had already made the adjustment and was simply sending us a Statement reflecting the new price. It does happen. Our first (and so far only) price drop. Needless to say, we love our TA.

I have been checking my cruise since first booking it with a TA in early May for November 25, 2007 and it has never gone down it has only gone up....I guess maybe because it was this year or maybe because it is a promenade room.....we paid 659.00pp and its now at 809.00pp....yikes...I really could use a price drop...

Katie

Hi Holly! You must be so thrilled with the price drop...keep watching - maybe there'll be more! Our Liberty of the Seas cruise this past July kept going up pricewise following the final payment date. I kept watching daily, and finally about a month before we sailed we got a price drop in cabin cat (D1) and also the senior rate added, for a toal savings of $1500!! I was beside myself with excitement - it paid for our tips and seapass bill! Also, DH now doesn't kid me about the time I spend on these boards - he was very impressed!

Did you know about the possibility of price drops when we sailed Freedom last summer? I didn't, and now I wonder what we missed out on!

Did you know about the possibility of price drops when we sailed Freedom last summer? I didn't, and now I wonder what we missed out on!

No, I didn't. I have thought about that so many times. I wonder how much cheaper we could have gotten that cruise for! I am going to keep on checking the prices since it doesn't seem like many people are booking this cruise.

How could you tell the price on YOUR cabin dropped? Did you just look at the website and see that the price on "interior, oceanview & balcony" had dropped? We've booked 2 cabins - one is an Atrium and 1 balcony both on deck 8 of the Mariner for June 2008 and our price on both are more than what is on the website b/c of location according to our TA.

How could you tell the price on YOUR cabin dropped? Did you just look at the website and see that the price on "interior, oceanview & balcony" had dropped? We've booked 2 cabins - one is an Atrium and 1 balcony both on deck 8 of the Mariner for June 2008 and our price on both are more than what is on the website b/c of location according to our TA.

Yes, I just went on the website and priced out 2 people in a D2 balcony room and saw that it had gone down $200. I did the same thing for one person in an interior room and it had dropped the same amount. The rooms that I priced out were not necessarily in the same location...actually the balcony room that I priced out was in the front of the ship and we are in the back. I would go online and try to price out a cabin that is really close to what you already have booked and see what price you get. Also, make sure that you are getting the price from the website that includes all of the taxes and port charges and that you picking the exact same room type (D1, D2, I, etc). If it still looks like it is more expensive going through your TA, I would probably call Royal Caribbean and get them to give you a price and see what they say.

Thanks to a post here a week or so ago we checked & our Jewel Jan 08 cabin had gone down. We called right away & got the reduction..also you can call when you hit another level for an added discount.

Mine also dropped! It's the Mariner of the Seas May 18th. Seems like all May cruises are dropping, uh? Well, I'm just happy, I called my TA and our interior cabin dropped $100per person, so we got $200 off!!!! I'm happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We got the price drop also, Liberty of seas 5-24-08. I had to call my T.A. then he made the call to RCI for the info. If the ship does not fill up will there be any other price drops? THANKS.

You can get price drops right up until the day before the sailing. Closer to cruise date they will often add senior and resident discounts.

Are you C&A members? If so, check out the savings certificate that is available for your sailing and have that added on, also.

Word of warning about some TA's...they aren't happy when you find the discounts. Some are very good about it, and will even look for them for you, but others take another attitude, as I believe it affects their $$. The TA we had at AAA was very difficult about calling RCI for us when I found our price reduction. She told me we didn't qualify as we had already made our final payment. I had to push and really insist, telling her I had already spoken with an RCI rep, and knew we did indeed qualify, but the rep said we needed to go thru her, the TA. So, she has now lost a client. I will be booking our cruises directly with RCI from now on, and feel better about being able to talk directly with RCI rather than having to wait and go thru my TA.

I am so excited! I just checked the Royal Caribbean website and the cost of our cruise has just gone down. We have two D2 rooms booked and they have gone down $200 per room. We also have a L (inside) room, and it has also gone down $200!!!! I can't believe it! I just emailed my TA and hopefully I will hearing back from her soon telling me that she adjusted our price! I guess it really does pay off to check your cruise price!

That's why I always book myself directly with RCCL so i don't have to wait to reach a TA. Sometimes the price changes before they can accomodate you. Just before final payment when I'm sure I've got the best deal I may turn the booking over to a TA if they are offering a perk.

Holly - if your Liberty cruise is the 5/24 Eastern, there is a C&A savings certificate for that cruise. (Not one for my Alaskan cruise yet....but I keep looking!)

I contacted the TA about that a few weeks back and she said that she would apply the code to our reservation and see what happened. I haven't gotten anything else back from her, so I'm not sure if got any additional discount for it. Thanks for the info though. I hope you get one for your Alaska cruise!

Archived