All R.C.I. Ship Pics

tony7518

freedom and NAvigator in port in Miami jUNE 3/06 as taken from the air as we came into Miami for the inaugural voyage of Freedom

2799557680092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Bow of Freedom coming back by Tender on June 4 maiden voyage

2429633420092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

freedom and NAvigator in port in Miami jUNE 3/06 as taken from the air as we came into Miami for the inaugural voyage of Freedom

2799557680092706180S600x600Q85.jpg

Emmy, Freedom really is much larger than a Voyage class although some don't seem to feel or notice the difference. I always love those head to head shots with Freedom and other smaller ships, it really shows the greater size of the Freedom class. Excuse me now, I hear Dr. Freud calling me.:rolleyes: ;)

Emmy, Freedom really is much larger than a Voyage class although some don't seem to feel or notice the difference. I always love those head to head shots with Freedom and other smaller ships, it really shows the greater size of the Freedom class. Excuse me now, I hear Dr. Freud calling me.:rolleyes: ;)

The Freedom is only 15% larger than the Voyager class. Because it is closer to the camera it looks a lot larger.

The Freedom is only 15% larger than the Voyager class. Because it is closer to the camera it looks a lot larger.
Um no, that's not a camera angle thing in that picture there, it's a real size difference. 15% On a 17' Boston Whaler isn't really noticable but compare a Voyager class to Freedom it equates to 22,000 gross tons, 92 feet in length and 26.5 feet wider. Believe what you want but those are the facts. Just count the lifeboats alone. freedom has three more each side, what's that add up to?

Um no, that's not a camera angle thing in that picture there, it's a real size difference. 15% On a 17' Boston Whaler isn't really noticable but compare a Voyager class to Freedom it equates to 22,000 gross tons, 92 feet in length and 26.5 feet wider. Believe what you want but those are the facts. Just count the lifeboats alone. freedom has three more each side, what's that add up to?

DS just came back Sunday from sailing Liberty Freedom's sister and it was docked right next to Explorer in St Martin. He commented to me you really notice the difference when the ships are beside each other. Now does anyone have a photo of Freedom/Liberty and a Voyager class in the same photo possible an aft photo. I think you would really notice the difference there.

oh by the way Grumpus he and his friends came acrosss Becci's poem hanging on deck 5 of Liberty and has a photo of it..not long for you now til Liberty :)

Six.

DS just came back Sunday from sailing Liberty Freedom's sister and it was docked right next to Explorer in St Martin. He commented to me you really notice the difference when the ships are beside each other. Now does anyone have a photo of Freedom/Liberty and a Voyager class in the same photo possible an aft photo. I think you would really notice the difference there.

oh by the way Grumpus he and his friends came acrosss Becci's poem hanging on deck 5 of Liberty and has a photo of it..not long for you now til Liberty :)

Emmy, we are really looking forward to seeing that poem on the promenade... finally! We have been waiting a long time. It was never supposed to be that big a deal, just a nice gift to the captain and crew of Liberty on our September cruise but then the contest came up.. well you know the rest of the story. As you know, it was inspired by the PBS. I hope RCI will make the Cruise Critic poem a regular part of all their new ship dedications when they arrive on the scene in the future. It's been a lot of fun these past months, we have had a great roll call and others should get to feel the experience with their poems too. I hope RCI will make the CC poem a regular thing, it's been a heck of a lot of fun!:)

Bon Voyage!

Fred

Archived