S.S.Oceanlover...question for you

wernew2cruising

Hey Bill,

I don't know if you remember me, but we had a "chat" going on a while back about our upcoming cruises. You are sailing the week before us and are in CAT 12, same as us. I was wondering...have you gotten your stateroom assignment yet? Since you are at 1 month to go, I was wondering if you had a cabin category.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hey Bill,

I don't know if you remember me, but we had a "chat" going on a while back about our upcoming cruises. You are sailing the week before us and are in CAT 12, same as us. I was wondering...have you gotten your stateroom assignment yet? Since you are at 1 month to go, I was wondering if you had a cabin category.

Thanks,

Cindy

Hi Cindy,

Nice to see you again. I haven't gotten a room assignment yet as of 30 minutes ago. I check about 3 times a day.

I am doing the same as you. I have asked the people on the cruise before us if they got their assignments yet. As of yesterday they had not either.

They're are showing no cabins available for our cruise so hopefully it'll be soon.

as soon as I get my cabin I'll come back and post!

Hope you get a great upgrade.

Bill

I just read that the people cruising on Sept. 1 don't have their assignments yet!

I know I'll be on the ship but the suspense is killing me. I hope it's not anticlimatic.:p

Bill

NAH...won't be. Won't matter, you will be on THE MAGIC. It is just really fun to think of all the possibilities.

My only question now is...how will I know where you are if you don't get your assignment until you get there? (remember the note?)

NAH...won't be. Won't matter, you will be on THE MAGIC. It is just really fun to think of all the possibilities.

My only question now is...how will I know where you are if you don't get your assignment until you get there? (remember the note?)

Now I gotta find a bottle to put it in!! Hide it on the secret deck? If they clean well we're outta luck! lol

Did ya get your pillowcase?

Hey we made our door sign. What do ya think?

oursign.jpg

Bill

That is soooooooo cute. How did you do it? Can I make one for DD and me? Seriously, that is great.

Our roll call is really, really quiet. Oh well. Do you put the decoration on your door just because?

Yeah yeah...bottle would be great. Secret deck 7, morning of departure...surely it will go unmissed if you pick a good spot, but not too good.

That is soooooooo cute. How did you do it? Can I make one for DD and me? Seriously, that is great.

Our roll call is really, really quiet. Oh well. Do you put the decoration on your door just because?

Yeah yeah...bottle would be great. Secret deck 7, morning of departure...surely it will go unmissed if you pick a good spot, but not too good.

lotsa people decorate their doors. Of course you could make one for your DD.

here's one we had last year.

magnet2006.jpg

Let me know what Disney characters your DD likes and I'll see if I can make something nice.

Bill

You better watch it...she might not appreciate you giving out that info!!!!

I have another question for you...do you drive to the port or do you fly and do the shuttle?

usually fly and drive but this time we are taking the shuttle. Those days of driving to Florida from Pennsylvania are so over! lol

as for giving out her age, what she doesn't know won't hurt her!

Bill

You never said...how do you make your signs? Where do you get the graphics? Do you do this for a living? Your pictures are really good.

last year I just found the graphics all over the internet. This year I found them here: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1523226

I also use paint shop pro to add the text.

Out of all the cruises we've taken I liked them all a lot with the exception of the NCL cruise. If I had to pick a best though I'd pick Princess.

Bill

Thanks for the link. Saving as I "speak". Are you like me and never sleep? LOL

We are doing a Princess cruise in November. The more I read about it, the more anxious I become. I really fell in love with RCI and am afraid I am going to compare everything to her. We went on the Rhapsody of the Seas...small and intimate.

I think Disney will be at least equal to that, if not better. But Princess, for some reason, concerns me.

Thanks for the link. Saving as I "speak". Are you like me and never sleep? LOL

We are doing a Princess cruise in November. The more I read about it, the more anxious I become. I really fell in love with RCI and am afraid I am going to compare everything to her. We went on the Rhapsody of the Seas...small and intimate.

I think Disney will be at least equal to that, if not better. But Princess, for some reason, concerns me.

What ship are you cruising on and what is giving you cause for concern?

Bill

Bill,

Coral Princess...doing a 10 day Panama Canal out of FLL.

I don't know. I liked being able to order room service and getting WHATEVER was on the menu in the dining room. And also the full service breakfast menu was nice. Although, I will admit, we never ordered room service. Just the thought that we could. I know, I know..silly. I will love the cruise..I always enjoy my vacations. We are in a balcony, so that is cool. I just wonder if Princess is more stuffy than RCI? I mean, I started a poll about the dining dress code and people are pretty cut and dry about it. I just like to meet people, have fun, and not worry about what others are doing/wearing etc.

Bill,

Coral Princess...doing a 10 day Panama Canal out of FLL.

I don't know. I liked being able to order room service and getting WHATEVER was on the menu in the dining room. And also the full service breakfast menu was nice. Although, I will admit, we never ordered room service. Just the thought that we could. I know, I know..silly. I will love the cruise..I always enjoy my vacations. We are in a balcony, so that is cool. I just wonder if Princess is more stuffy than RCI? I mean, I started a poll about the dining dress code and people are pretty cut and dry about it. I just like to meet people, have fun, and not worry about what others are doing/wearing etc.

OK gotcha. Don't like formal nights.:(

Bill

I like formal nights. I love seeing all the pretty dresses...etc...BUT..I get so stressed about it..since my health issues and the TON of weight I have gained because of the medications. It is a personal problem. :rolleyes:

well stop stressing. Wear what you have and enjoy formal dinner.:)

Bill

well stop stressing. Wear what you have and enjoy formal dinner.:)

Bill

Oh yeah...and ruin EVERYONE elses cruise.:rolleyes: ( Hope you notice the sarcasm.)

Are you guys dressing for Pirate night? That sounds fun to me but I don't know what to wear. I like the winches of the day..but can't seem to find an appropriate winch costume. You and your wife could be a very cute winch and pirate!

Archived