Passport Dates

ParrotHead79

This requirement will become effective no later than June 1, 2009. Please be aware that this effective date may be moved to an earlier date pending the U.S. Government’s implementation of new identification cards (PASScards) that will provide a less expensive alternative form of documentation.

That is a quote form your link...but also on carnival.com is

The U.S. Government will soon require all of our guests (including U.S. citizens) to be in possession of a valid passport when traveling on any Carnival cruise. Foreign nationals should contact their respective governments to obtain further details. This requirement may become effective as early as Summer 2008

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/New_Passport_Requirements.aspx

As there is conflicting info on carnival's website, I am going to be better safe than sorry and get my passport for my Apr, 08 cruise.

I see a lot of posts about passport dates. Do I have to find a date to get a passport, and if so, do I have to tell my wife about her?;)

No, need to tell your wife, the government already knows and if need be, they will tell her. Sooooo, I would be on my best behavior if I were you ;)

Carnival's website is showing June 2009 for requirements for having a passport on a cruise.

Sounds good to me. I guess I won't bother yet.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_travel_document.aspx?wt.mc_id=ebookedaugust07

Yes they have changed the date once again.. have you not seen the brazillian posts from procrastinators who waited the last time.. you will go thru the same again.. :rolleyes:

Carnival's website is showing June 2009 for requirements for having a passport on a cruise.

Sounds good to me. I guess I won't bother yet.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_Templates/EMB_travel_document.aspx?wt.mc_id=ebookedaugust07

Get the passport, you will not regret it. Just because you won't need it on Carnival just now, you will be able to use it on plains, going to Mexico etc. What if you decide to fly to Europe on day, you will need it for that. This is probably a good time to get it. I had mine in seven weeks. Of course it came from New Orleans, so that made all the difference.

I was hoping the date was going to change (again)...We are a family of 6 and you are talking about an added $500+ expense to our trip next June...It's a pain carrying around our birth certificates, but it is worth the savings for me.

I am holding out as long as I can...

I was hoping the date was going to change (again)...We are a family of 6 and you are talking about an added $500+ expense to our trip next June...It's a pain carrying around our birth certificates, but it is worth the savings for me.

I am holding out as long as I can...

Fortunately for us, DH and I already have ours though his recently expired and we need to get a new one (cheaper). We do have 5 kids but all but one are adults. If they wish to get one (the ones that haven't already) they can get them on their own.

Archived