Help! Left shoes in London!!!

rebeccalouise

I am so upset I can hardly eat and want to cry. I left my dancing shoes somewhere between Venice and London and now I am at sea with only flip flops and tennis shoes. Is anyone onboard the QM2 with size 8 (American) dress shoes? I would be ever so grateful if I could borrow or buy them off you.

I am so upset I can hardly eat and want to cry. I left my dancing shoes somewhere between Venice and London and now I am at sea with only flip flops and tennis shoes. Is anyone onboard the QM2 with size 8 (American) dress shoes? I would be ever so grateful if I could borrow or buy them off you.

Does the QM2 have that small bulletin board like the QE2 where passengers can post personal things for other passengers. Might be a good place to start. On the QE2 it was right outside the door to the Recreation office.

Thanks- the girl at the front desk is going to loan me a pair of her size 7 (English) shoes- I hope that means a size 8 American but I think they will be a 9. Also I asked the girl in the Fun Zone to put out a request but I'll have to keep you posted on the shoe drama.

As for everything else... I am very impressed with the ship. Its the prettiest ship I have ever sailed and I love the decor. The high ceilings and everything about the ship is nice. My son and I swam in the freshwater outdoor pools at the back of the ship and it was very relaxing- at least for today. I think tomorrow may be more crowded. For a ship this size though- I don't feel the crowds. Seems very roomy.

Our cabin is really pretty also and the balcony is bigger than the one I had on the Millenium (last week).

So all in all- I think this is going to be a great trip, once I get over the loss of my favorite dancing shoes! And the only ones I brought.

Rebeccalouise....I feel so badly for you. I can't imagine having that happen!! Wish I was there to help. I'm so paranoid I actually had 2 pair of strappy dress heels along just incase I broke a heel!! Hopefully someone will be able to help.....try seeking out Amanda Reid if she's onboard....she's so helpful with so many things.

Good luck...so glad you're loving the ship in spite of this.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

I'm so paranoid I actually had 2 pair of strappy dress heels along just incase I broke a heel!! Hopefully someone will be able to help.....try seeking out Amanda Reid if she's onboard....she's so helpful with so many things.

Good luck...so glad you're loving the ship in spite of this.

Cheers, Penny

Penny’s Affair to Remember QM2 Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

November 10,2007...the “Affair” continues....

You can also break a strap!!! That happened to me!!! Someone stepped on my heel and the heel strap broke. Thank goodness I had another pair of dress shoes in the cabin.

Great idea about contacting Amanda. She is lovely!!

Beth

The shoe crisis is over. I was lucky enough to get a brand new pair of black strappy sandals off a girl "Marcella" from the Fun Zone. They are brand new and she only wanted $ 15. I gave her 20 pounds- as she is a real lifesaver. I'll test them out on the dance floor tonight. It is the Black and White Ball. Another girl had four pairs she was willing to let me borrow. I usually don't ask for favors but in the future I will!

Thanks everyone for your help.

The shoe crisis is over. I was lucky enough to get a brand new pair of black strappy sandals off a girl "Marcella" from the Fun Zone. They are brand new and she only wanted $ 15. I gave her 20 pounds- as she is a real lifesaver. I'll test them out on the dance floor tonight. It is the Black and White Ball. Another girl had four pairs she was willing to let me borrow. I usually don't ask for favors but in the future I will!

Thanks everyone for your help.

So glad you were able to solve your shoe crisis!! Now dance the night away and give us a report!!!

Beth

Archived