I have this sickness.....

It is called "Post-Cruise Depression". It is where everyday at work you sit there and say to yourself, "This time 2 weeks ago I was in Aruba".

Does anyone else share this sickness?:D

We were on the same cruise as you, and are also suffering from PCD. Do you think we caught this on board the AOS, can we sue, for a free cruise???:D

OMG YES!!!!! After last years cruise, I even stayed off these boards for months!!!! Then we booked another cruise and I got all happy again. This year we booked another cruise right away and that REALLLLLLLY helps!!! Plus my daughter is getting married in May so I hace lots to be excited about. BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE...that is the only cure!:D

In my case, the depression takes longer to hit. I usually get post-cruise depression about six weeks after the cruise and begin to miss all the wonders of being at sea on a fabulous RCI ship.

What has helped is to book a cruise while aboard ship, so that we always have a cruise to look forward to, but often the time seems just too far away and moves too slowly until the next cruise.

It is called "Post-Cruise Depression". It is where everyday at work you sit there and say to yourself, "This time 2 weeks ago I was in Aruba".

Does anyone else share this sickness?:D

The only real cure is to book another cruise, drink a big bottle of wine and don't call me in the morning. :)

OMG YES!!!!! After last years cruise, I even stayed off these boards for months!!!! Then we booked another cruise and I got all happy again. This year we booked another cruise right away and that REALLLLLLLY helps!!! Plus my daughter is getting married in May so I hace lots to be excited about. BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE...that is the only cure!:D

Lynn

Of course, after the wedding you'll be suffering from post wedding depression. The only cure is to go on a cruise straight after the happy couple leave for their honeymoon. We did this following our daughter's wedding last September. We had three wonderful weeks on HAL's Zuiderdam crusing from Vancouver to Ft Lauderdale. I can recommend it!

I know exactly what you're talking about! It starts before we cruise; "next week at this time we'll be arriving at the port"..."having lunch in the WJ"...."at the sail away!" Then I do the same thing for a while after we've returned back home. Best known cure is to book another one and start a cruise ticker. Continue reading CC about other people's cruise experiences, live vicariously through them until it's my turn again.

And having a cruise to look forward to really does help me get through the long Chicago winter. :)

Many times I feel like the man standing next to the copier in the Celebrity commercial from last year: "I consider this to be a temporary exile..."

Oh yeah, that's a great commercial! I didn't completely get it until I went on my first cruise. ;)

Yes, I sure do.

This time last month exactly I was at St. Maartin on Liberty of the Seas. I was getting ready for the Repeater's Cocktail Party. I wore a beautiful sea blue dress. The captain came over the intercom because he was busy sailing Liberty out of St. Maartin. That was also the night that I saw the Ice Show on Liberty of the Seas.

Archived