Real Ice Cream Available?

DocF

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the "Ice Cream Sundae Bar" that is available every afternoon at sea on the Spirit Class Ships (I have experienced it twice on the Legend). It is on the starboard side aft, by the pool. They have all the fixings for Sundaes and definitely have scooped, real ice cream...as well as soft serve. And it is "FREE".

So there is real Ice Cream, and free, on some ships.....

I was just going to mention this. We discovered this quite by accident this year on the Legend. I had never seen the hand dipped ice cream at the Sundae Bar before, but that with all the toppings was a pleasant surprise!:D

If the ice cream on the ships docking out of Galveston seem really extra good then there is a good chance that it is Blue Bell.:D We have traveled all over the United States and nothing compares. We have to have a little Blue Bell whenever we visit Texas!!!:p

Blue Bell is one of the reasons I like to go back to Texas.

That is... about 12 hours being in a plane to eat GOOD ICE CREAM!

I MUCH prefer the hard stuff.

Oh, I too...

:p :D ;) :cool:

Let's see Dairy Queen has Vanilla, Chocolate and swirl, if I ma not mistaken.

hard Ice Cream has what, a zillion flavors, some for every day of the week, month, and probably year. Soft serve has it's place, but I kinda get bored with two flavors. Give me chunky monkey, cherry garcia, pistachio almond, peanut butter ripple cup and so mnay more ANYTIME.

BTW, throw some of that into a waffle cone or bowl, and it's just heaven.

Do people REALLY prefer the hard scooped ice cream over the smooth soft serve? :eek: The smooth soft serve that you can stir the toppings into it? Prefer the chunks, the ice cream that breaks the cone? No way!
If you read this entire thread, I think you will see that YES, a lot of people really do prefer hand dipped ice cream over soft serve. ;)

If you read this entire thread, I think you will see that YES, a lot of people really do prefer hand dipped ice cream over soft serve. ;)

Actually Beth, I prefer the softserve kind. Especially vanilla. It tastes like pure cream. :p

Archived