reservations with anytime dining?

vmom

Last time on the CB we went as a family of 5 and I called the first afternoon we were on the ship and made reservations for the entire week for dinner. I made reservations since I really don't like to have to wait long to be seated. I like walking in and being seated within a few minutes.

We are going again in Dec. There will be 4 of us. We will likely eat sometime between 6 and 7. Should we make reservations or just go with the flow and show up. I remember last time I was told they only take so many reservations for a particular time period so I was glad I made them the first day. Wondering what others experiences have been...either with or without reservsations.

Last time on the CB we went as a family of 5 and I called the first afternoon we were on the ship and made reservations for the entire week for dinner. I made reservations since I really don't like to have to wait long to be seated. I like walking in and being seated within a few minutes.

We are going again in Dec. There will be 4 of us. We will likely eat sometime between 6 and 7. Should we make reservations or just go with the flow and show up. I remember last time I was told they only take so many reservations for a particular time period so I was glad I made them the first day. Wondering what others experiences have been...either with or without reservsations.

We just were on the CB in July (5 of us) and on the first day you can make reservations through Wednesday. Then, on Wednesday morning you can make reservations for the rest of the week. You can make the reservations for 6pm or 8pm but not the time in between.

We found a great table on the second night with wonderful waitstaff, so we requested 6pm and the table number too. We were lucky because we got our table each night. They will not guarantee a specific table but it does not hurt to request.

Good luck and happy cruising!

We were on the Crown in June for a 10 day cruise. We made 6 pm dinner reservations when we got on board and had a great time. We were fortunate to get an excellent group to provide us service. On that cruise we were able to reserve the same table and time for the entire cruise on the first day.

We were on the CB two years ago. I'm not sure if things have changed, but we had personal choice dining, and loved our waiter so much on the second night of the cruise, and so we made a standing reservation for our family of 6 for the rest of the trip.:D

We were on the CB two years ago. I'm not sure if things have changed, but we had personal choice dining, and loved our waiter so much on the second night of the cruise, and so we made a standing reservation for our family of 6 for the rest of the trip.:D

Thanks...we also were on the CB 2 years ago and had a standing reservation, but I think the policies on reservations has changed. A previous poster indicated that they don't take reservations between 6 and 8 anymore.

If I don't make reservations and we show up at 6:30 for dinner, is there usually a wait?

Wondering what others experiences have been...either with or without reservsations.

We always called early in the morning and reserved a table for two. Not that we're anti social... but we enjoy eating alone. Otherwise, we would have had to wait for a table for two, or join others at a larger table... which we actually did a couple of times.

Each time we have been on a ship with anytime dining, the reservation policy has been different. I think they are playing around with it all the time. Finally, we got so frustrated with being told different things about reservations that we just quit making them. We just walk up when we are ready. Usually we tell them any size table in any location, and go right in. Sometimes we get a table for two, sometimes with a lot of others. Only about twice in 3 cruises have we been given a beeper and waited a few minutes ... no more than ten.

However, if you want a special table size, or have a large group, or want a special waiter or location, then you can try to make reservations. There will be a number to call listed in your cabin reference materials.

Each time we have been on a ship with anytime dining, the reservation policy has been different. I think they are playing around with it all the time. Finally, we got so frustrated with being told different things about reservations that we just quit making them. We just walk up when we are ready. Usually we tell them any size table in any location, and go right in. Sometimes we get a table for two, sometimes with a lot of others. Only about twice in 3 cruises have we been given a beeper and waited a few minutes ... no more than ten.

EXACTLY! On our last cruise (Emerald) we just decided it wasn't worth the hassle. We only ate in the dining room twice. The rest of the time we ate at the Horizon Court. It was so hot on this cruise that by the time we got back from our tours, the formality of a dinner in the dining room just didn't appeal to us.

I hadn't seen this thread and just asked about CB dining reservations on another.

DH and I will be on the CB 10/7 and wondered what the current policy is. We don't mind waiting 10-15 minutes for a table for two as walkups but if reservations can be made between 6:30-7PM, we might prefer to have a table available.

Anyone just off the ship who has this info? Many thanks.

Chris

I think each ship is different as each MD can do reservation how it suites them which doesn't make it easy for the passengers as there is no standard:rolleyes:

we have never had a long wait, when there has been a large group of us we have made reservations but when just DH and myself we have either been seated with others or a table for 2 without a problem.

Am I missing something?:confused: If you want to eat at the same table with the same servers every evening between 6 and 7pm why wouldn't you request first seating in the traditional dining room? They have tables for two, if you desire a private dining experience (probably more private than the table for two arrangement we found in Sapphire Princess' anytime dining venues)or you can request a larger table to accommodate your party. Not to say that requesting traditional will get it for you, but you might try it. We found that reservations were not permitted on Sapphire Princess between 6:30 and 8:30 pm, but that might vary according to ship. :rolleyes:

Archived