Seabourn Balconies

Skeezics

I have been reading through the postings and came across one that addressed the balconies on Seabourn "not real balconies". Would someone elaborate on the balconies as compared to Regent and Silverseas. It seems that on the Seabourn site, the drawings show them as non existent. Am looking to book an Asian cruise and would like a balcony that is serviceable. Thanks in advance.

Instead of a large window (as in most Seabourn suites), the "balcony" staterooms have a sliding glass door and a step-out ledge. Not a real balcony in any sense of the word-certainly not as that term is used by most cruise lines. Most Seabourn regulars (myself included) would not consider it worth the considerable extra tariff.

Some like it mainly to let some fresh air into the suite.

Speaking for my wife and myself we have not had problems not having a verandah on Seabourn. The nice thing about the size of the triplet is that in very short walking distance you can be almost anywhere on the ship. So, if we want to go outside to view the scenery around us we are there in a minute to so.

Keith

I agree. We had a regular suite on deck 3 and our friend has the balcony. We went there for caviar and champagne one night. Although it was nice to have it open for the breeze and you could look out and see - you can't sit on it. It is quite a bit more money for that. Having had balconies on all the big ships - you needed them there - but not Seabourn. You can be up on deck in 30 seconds!!

:) And I can't wait to be back now there in only 105 days!!!

They have if you want real ones on the front of the ship. But they get locked down when there is a storm. Water can come right over the bowl and get threw the windows if they are not sealed. So they have covers in bad weather real bad weather so you can't look out the windows or get on the balcony. Then there are several cabins on eachside of the ship that have real balconies. These are the top of the line cabins on the ship.

I've had both. My first cruise I had the room with the huge window. Loved it. My second cruise, Seabourn for some reason graciously upgraded me to a balcony. They are about 18" wide, enough to step out and lean on the railing. Note: the railing goes right across your field of vision, wheras if you have only the window, if you're sitting down on the sofa, there is nothing horizontally impeding your view!

Having the balcony was nice; if I had to pay for it, I would not.

Jane

If you prefer a real balcony, check out Suites #5 and #6. These are on Deck 6, midship and the balconies are quite nice with table and 2 chairs. Suites # 1, 2, 3, and 4 are "bow"~~very forward, but also spacious and luxurious.

Martita B.

• 3 weeks later...

There are more like large slilding doors. There is really nothing outside the door but a railing and then the side of the ship.

The ships are great, but were built before the balcony craze. If you like small ships with impeccable service, you will like Seaborn.

I have been reading through the postings and came across one that addressed the balconies on Seabourn "not real balconies". Would someone elaborate on the balconies as compared to Regent and Silverseas. It seems that on the Seabourn site, the drawings show them as non existent. Am looking to book an Asian cruise and would like a balcony that is serviceable. Thanks in advance.

Archived