Are infant car seats req'd for excursion bus trips?

Kosmickat

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has ever held an infant in their lap on a Shore Excursions' bus trip (mainly the Charter buses or shuttle bus)?

We're going on a cruise soon and and was wondering if this was a possibility...NCL Shore Ex. department said it was ok (not sure if this was a normal thing considering rules for infant restraints in cars were strict) and that if we wanted to bring the infant restraint seat, we'd have to pay the discounted cost (for younger kids going on the Shore Ex.)

Does anyone experience with this situation?

Thanks in advance!!

When you attempt to bring an infant car seat on an excursion bus with no seat belts, they ask you to remove the child and they stow the car seat under the bus.

Now excursion vans are different, they have seatbelts. You can strap the seat in.

I remember on one of the Disney cruise buses, all of the infants were just being held.

When you attempt to bring an infant car seat on an excursion bus with no seat belts, they ask you to remove the child and they stow the car seat under the bus.

That's good to know. I wasn't sure if this was allowed. I think we'll just have him as a "lap child" for the shore excursions.

We just got back from Alaska with a 6 month old, and we didn't even take a car seat with us. All of the excursions that I talked to said we would be charged for a seat if we had a car seat or stroller, or she was free if we held her. We took her on two trains, a small boat, and several buses and just held her on all of them. My brother-in-law did carry her in the Baby Bjorn fairly often, though. Even the taxi that we caught in Anchorage didn't say anything about having her in a seat.

I think at first it made my sister (the baby's mom) a little nervous, but once we were there she didn't have any problems with it. The baby did great - and hauling around a car seat seems like a big hassle :)

So that's our experience, for what it's worth. Have a great time!

FOR REAL???? :confused:WOW~That suprises me..thinking Disney would be a little different...:eek:

Nope, not at all. Here's why. When you take an excursion bus or the "Magical Express" Disney transfer bus at WDW and from the resorts to the ports...there are no seatbelts on the buses. Because of that, they ask all parents to hold the children and stow the car seats in the bus storage.

So now when we go to Disney, I get private transportation (TownCar) to meet us at the airport and take us to port with a car seat. :)

We just got back from Alaska with a 6 month old, and we didn't even take a car seat with us. All of the excursions that I talked to said we would be charged for a seat if we had a car seat or stroller, or she was free if we held her. We took her on two trains, a small boat, and several buses and just held her on all of them. My brother-in-law did carry her in the Baby Bjorn fairly often, though. Even the taxi that we caught in Anchorage didn't say anything about having her in a seat.

I think at first it made my sister (the baby's mom) a little nervous, but once we were there she didn't have any problems with it. The baby did great - and hauling around a car seat seems like a big hassle :)

So that's our experience, for what it's worth. Have a great time!

Thanks, this was most helpful! We too have a Baby Bjorn carrier and plan on using it. Now I'm wondering if we're going to get charged if we have the lap child and bring a stroller along for when we get off the bus/van...Hmmmm

Thanks, this was most helpful! We too have a Baby Bjorn carrier and plan on using it. Now I'm wondering if we're going to get charged if we have the lap child and bring a stroller along for when we get off the bus/van...Hmmmm

No, you won't be charged for that. :)

Archived