Help with Grand cabin choice please

julieh

Hi, we are looking to book a Med cruise on the Grand for September 2008 and have been offerred the following choices (VS) E732 or E733 and (OS) B751. Are any of these balconies covered as we prefer not to be overlooked? We have only ever sailed on the Sun class ships and usually have an aft mini suite on Caribe deck which we love. Can anyone recommend which cabin I should book?

Julie

Are you just concerned about the balcony being covered or uncovered? I would think it would depend on wether you wanted a suite or just a balcony cabin. From what I understand there is a big difference in the size and room of these two choice of cabins.

Thank you for the information. Yes I did want a covered balcony but as I have no knowledge of the cabins on the Grand I did not no which one of the them to choose. Are the balconies on Emerald deck on the back of the ship or on the side it is hard to see from the deck plan? Do any compare to cabins on the sun class ships I know those really well. We do want a suite and all three are classed as suites on my booking information.

Julie

We've had VS 733 on the Emerald Deck. It is a fully covered balcony. The cabin faces directly aft. The hallway is extremely quiet, but you will get a lot more ship noise and motion back there. There will also be some noise until about 10pm from the Vista Lounge one deck below you. (It never bothered us though.)

BTW, there's bedding for 5 in that cabin, but they'll only book a max. of 4 in it.

hi were booked in suite b751 [os] in nov and have stayed in os on the caribbean so i assume there similar, we thought our suite was great so i would recommend this one . think you'll prob find peolpe staying in the others will recommend them also,as for noise we never had a problem really qiuet and no passing traffic .

Archived