The Gem photos of the float out

Thanks for posting the link, and another thanks to Andreas for great photos.

Sadly, the Norwegian Gem is the last ship NCL is building at Meyerwerft. We will be missing his photos of the first public views of new NCL ships. We still have the river passage photos to look forward to.

Meyerwerft will be building the four Celebrity "Solstice" class at this dry dock next, and Aida still has a few more ships building next door. So we haven't seen the last of Andreas' photos, but it's a shame they will not be for another new NCL ship.

Exellent link from Andreas Depping of Norwegian Gem leaving Meyer Warft shipyard:

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de/thumbnails.php?album=52

Enjoy!

P.S. I prefer the diningroom windows on Dawn.

Thank you!!!!! Terrific pictures - upon which one can build future dreams of future cruises on a beautiful Summer's day.

Ciao,

WaWW, PPC929 (Pearl=PanamaCanalSeptember 29)

Thanks for posting the link, and another thanks to Andreas for great photos.

Sadly, the Norwegian Gem is the last ship NCL is building at Meyerwerft. We will be missing his photos of the first public views of new NCL ships. We still have the river passage photos to look forward to.

Meyerwerft will be building the four Celebrity "Solstice" class at this dry dock next, and Aida still has a few more ships building next door. So we haven't seen the last of Andreas' photos, but it's a shame they will not be for another new NCL ship.

I've lost my way a bit...where/when are the next NCL cruise ships going to be built? Are we talking about the HUMONGOUS ships that are coming down the pike?

Ciao,

WaWW PPC929

I've lost my way a bit...where/when are the next NCL cruise ships going to be built? Are we talking about the HUMONGOUS ships that are coming down the pike? Ciao, WaWW PPC929

Yes, the next new NCL new builds will be the 150,000 tons F3 class. The first F3 class will not be built until autumn 2009. They are to be built at the Aker Yards shipyard in St. Nazarie, France.

I believe they will be larger versions, both wider and longer, of this earlier design.

NCLship.jpg

Thanks for posting the link. It is very nice to see a new ship being born. Where will the Gam be sailing from?

Here's the Gem's schedule:

Mediterranean from Dover: Oct 8

Mediterranean from Barcelona: Oct 21, Oct 28, Nov 9, Nov 21

Transatlantic from Barcelona: Dec 3

Introductory cruises from Boston and New York

Bahamas from New York: Dec 22, Dec 29

Caribbean from New York: Jan 5, Jan 16, Jan 26, Feb 6

Bahamas from New York: Feb 16, Feb 23, Mar 1, Mar 8, Mar 15, Mar 22, Mar 29, Apr 5, Apr 12

Transatlantic from New York: Apr 19

Mediterranean from Barcelona: May 4, May 11, May 18, May 25, Jun 1, Jun 8, Jun 15, Jun 22, Jun 29, Jul 6, Jul 13, Jul 20, Jul 27, Aug 3, Aug 10, Aug 17, Aug 24, Aug 31, Sep 7, Sep 14, Sep 21, Sep 28, Oct 5, Oct 12, Oct 19, Oct 26, Nov 2, Nov 9

Transatlantic from Barcelona: Nov 16

Bahamas from New York: Nov 29, Dec 6, Dec 13, Dec 20, Dec 27

Caribbean from New York: Jan 4, Jan 14, Jan 25, Feb 4

Bahamas from New York: Feb 14, Feb 21, Feb 28, Mar 7, Mar 14, Mar 21, Mar 28, Apr 4, Apr 11

Archived