Wine package questions

I am trying to decide whether or not we should bother with the wine package for our cruise. DH and I can easily put away a bottle (or two) with dinner. Given that we have the early seating on our Med cruise (Splendour, 18 Aug), and that we have young children traveling with us, I expect that we will not be in the main diningroom for dinner each night. Is it possible to get a bottle of wine from our the wine package delivered to our room? Or if we are at a bar, can we order it then? Or what about in the Windjammer if we are there for dinner one night?

TIA!

- Tara

Sorry, I dont have answers for you on your questions BUT I know that you can ask them on board and get them answered. (I think the answer to all of them is yes tho)

The one complaint that I have heard from posters of the wind package is that they didnt verify that the bottles they wanted were in stock. As a result, they had to settle for wines that they would not normally drink and felt cheated/mislead.

Moral of my little story is, be sure to verify that the wines you want to drink, as part of the package, are available.

Happy Cruising!

The one complaint that I have heard from posters of the wind package is that they didnt verify that the bottles they wanted were in stock. As a result, they had to settle for wines that they would not normally drink and felt cheated/mislead.

Moral of my little story is, be sure to verify that the wines you want to drink, as part of the package, are available.

Happy Cruising!

Did they order it before they boarded or did they wait until they were on the ship?

We did a mix of the package and individual bottles. I like red wines, but didn't care for most of what was on the wine & dine list. DH liked several of the whites, so for a 12-night cruise we ordered the 7-bottle platinum package. We were able to get a couple of bottles from room service. Didn't try it in any other venues.

If you want to see the full wine list before deciding, click on the link in my signature - it will take you to some pictures I took on the Jewel a couple of weeks ago.

We ordered the package once we were on the ship and they would deliver a bottle to our cabin. However, they will only do this when the dining room is open. We discovered this when I called room service to deliver appetizers and wine to our cabin before our main seating. The appetizers arrived but the wine didn't until we'd gone to dinner. I was later told they just can't get it until the dining room is open so plan accordingly. I imagine that I could have just ordered another bottle off the room service menu.

On our last day, we had one bottle left. While at dinner, I asked our waiter for a bottle of sparkling wine and glasses to go. It was nice sipping bubbly while packing that night. :D

We never did ask about getting wine from our package at either a bar or the Windjammer.

:)

By day 7 (or maybe 8) of our cruise on the Legend we just got back from, there were some red wines that were not available from the wine package. We bought the gold package as the prices were ***WAY*** to high - for the wine quality.

We ended up with a couple of bottles of better wines that were on the Platinum package so we ended up winners.

They need a better wine selection for one. It is very poor and the price you pay for basic wines are really sad. They need to get in step with some of the luxury cruise lines and offer better wines to their clients.

We have done the wine package several times. We have never asked for a bottle not in stock and we have never had any trouble finding something to please us on the list (which is viewable at the Gifts and Gear section of the web-site). I like that it makes yet another expense of our cruise predictable.

You can also order your bottles in any specialty restaurant or at the Windjammer. I think it's a great service.

Archived