Formal nights and Dress

lknick

On the Carnival board there is a poll on formal nights and dress. Interestingly, the results are almost the same as on this board…with many advocating rigid enforcement.

The one major difference was the dissenters were significantly more polite and did not attack the majority.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=64979

Cold this be termed the HAL-ification of Carnival?

Would people ask if Carnival is going to HAL?

'tis funny how the various cruiselines are becoming more like each other every day. Then again, maybe it isn't.

Thanks for the link, Lou.

Thanks so much for the link. I am reallY impressed by the civility of the posters. This is something I have been advocating for quite a while now.

I truly believe that negativity, ignorance and disrespect are the most distructive forces in our world.

I challenge my fellow HAL cruise board members to be at the very least as civil as those folks over on the Carnival board!!

Linda :)

I think that the slug fests occur inadvertently. Some people are not very good at expressing themselves when they are writing and come off as "Know-it-all Snobs". Their posts are misinterpreted and then it becomes worse when they try to defend themselves. Some posters feel they have to remark for every single topic and some just add their two cents when they feel they have something worthwhile to say. It's all a matter of perspective and perception. We all need to take things in stride and not get on our high-horses. :eek:

Archived