Seasickness pills

hearts12

Does anyone know if you can get seasickness pills from the ships (carnival) guest relations desk?:confused:

Yes you can, along with bandaids, aspirin.

You can also go to Walmart and ask the druggist for Meclizine 25mg. This is the active ingredient in Bonine. A 100ct bottle is $9.95. The only difference between it and Bonine is that Bonine is flavored and more expensive. No prescription is required.

Dave

I also found the meclizine pills under target store brand for only $2.89

How many pills were in the package for Target?

In regards to my post about the 100ct bottle for $9.95. You dont have to buy the entire bottle. They will subdivide it down for. The reason they have it behind the counter is some physicians will prescribe it for vertigo.

Dave

How many pills were in the package for Target?

In regards to my post about the 100ct bottle for $9.95. You dont have to buy the entire bottle. They will subdivide it down for. The reason they have it behind the counter is some physicians will prescribe it for vertigo.

Dave

Hello Dave and thanks again for you help in another post,

I just want to add a little to your good information, - in addition to what you have mentioned that it is behind the counter ( for prescription as Antivert / Meclizine for treatment of vertigo - that is how it got started, the motion sickness 'cure' is just an additional benefit) - the other reason that it is behind the counter is to watch who is buying it in the larger amounts ....... I and many of us would not think of the use that some people are using this drug for ....... it does work on the central nervous system ..... perhaps adults can buy all they want ...... but some 'kids' buy it for the wrong reason ...... and some adults probably too..... so if the 100 ct bottles are behind the counter ..... perhaps it helps a little to control them.

To the OP : I always want to have the Meclizine even before I get on the ship ..... and sometimes I start using it even before the flight that takes me to the cruise ..... if I wait untill I feel that I am getting sea sick / motion sick ...... it is too late ........ it is easier to prevent than to cure in my case.

Wes

Bonine worked great for me and they had a special brand for the kids. We went on a cruise from LA to Hawaii and it was very ruff. Im taking Bonine on all my trips now just in case.
My cousin is cruising with me. She gets sick going around mountains in a car so is really worried. After discussing it with her doctor he recommended Bonine. She was hoping for the patch, but he said it would make her too sleepy. Nita

Bonine for me. I get every form of motion sickness and all the side effects of dramamine and other meds. I use ginger for the gentle motion and bonine for the major. I would never rely on the ship's supply, they could run out. And for 3 bucks and a small bubble pack in your carryon, you are insured to have a supply when you need it like maybe on some excursions or a bumpy flight. I find it works as soon as it is in my system about 20 mintues.

I've found that it's better for me if I start taking bonine a couple of days before the trip. Then I keep taking it, regardless of the seas. Take it at night. From experience, yuck!, if I wait til I'm feeling the least bit queasy, the bonine doesn't seem to work as well. I've also read that, if you haven't ever taken it before, you may want to try it out a couple of weeks before your cruise, just to test the side effects. It works great for me. Was up in the Crows Nest bar with 25 foot seas, happy as a clam! Even the bar manager looked a little green.

I also take Meclazine every day of cruise...don't want to take any chances. I've also worn the sea bands and the patch at the same time since I'm prone to motion sickness. I'm skipping the patch next time and trusting the sea bands and tablets. There's also natural relief, one is called Preggie Pops for morning sickness that help and ginger. Drinking a gingerale on board is soothing to me also.

I think I got 24 pills from Target for $2.84, I bought 2 packs in addition to have an Rx for the patch, I am sooo afraid of having a bad first experience cruising and not wanting to go again! Also, does anyone know if Bonine is going to be stroner or work better than the generic Target? If so, I am going to switch!

I don't know anything about Target's brand but it's probably comparible and should work fine...I know I use WM brand Tylenol, as well as other items...I make sure to check the labels to see if the dosage is the same. There has been discussions through the years whether store bought brands are as good as name brands and IMO that's another subject that I don't really know the answer to. It might be worth buying some SeaBands as well...I got mine at Kmart for around $5. They're elastic bands with a "button" that works on the pressure point of your wrist. If you're worried about getting sick, use all three items....I did on my first two cruises however I'm going without the patch this time and using the SeaBands, meclazine and ginger.

Archived