Carnival Conquest 8th deck/AFT

AmberMarie

We have an AFT balcony on the 8th deck (Verandah I believe), category 8C. 8430. Anyone ever stayed near this room? How's the balcony, noise, etc? It doesn't really matter to me, I'm just curious more than anything. I am more concerned with motion sickness, actually... I doubt noise will be an issue, but I'm just excited and was curious if anyone had been in a similar cabin. Thanks :)

You will get some noise issues-- only hear the scraping of chairs. You wont hear people walking or running or music.

its a far walk tothe stairs/ elevators but the halls are quiet back here as people on a cruise tend not to go where they dont have to.

aft balconies do not get ocean breezes like the side balconies and during the day could get quite warm....keep the curtains closed to keep the cabin cool during the day.

the views are amazing. I like my balcony closer to the waters and aft is the only way for us to go.

We will be in the same room for a cruise the first week of October. Is there anything we need to know about the room or tips you can give? I have heard the aft rooms and balconies are larger is that true? :cool:

during the day could get quite warm....keep the curtains closed to keep the cabin cool during the day.

Hey serene56,

I took your advice on keeping the curtains closed and it kept our cabin nice and cold. However, my girlfriend was always freezing and telling me to open them!...lol Anyway, like all your advice it was spot on.

My balcony is a "side" balcony, as in it's on the side of the ship. But it's "aft" according to my luggage tag and the general area of the ship... Will we still not get a breeze or are you referring to the balconies that are on the very end of the ship?

My balcony is a "side" balcony, as in it's on the side of the ship. But it's "aft" according to my luggage tag and the general area of the ship... Will we still not get a breeze or are you referring to the balconies that are on the very end of the ship?

cabins in the aft are from the aft elevators back. Side balconies get ocean breezes.

WHen you read about aft balconies here at cruise critic-- there are speaking of the cabins across the back of the ship

We are booked on the Conquest for 02/03/08 and have a Verandah aft balcony cabin. Has anyone had an aft cabin? I have been doing some internet research on this type of room and have read some complaints about privacy, soot, and noise from the lido pizza area directly above. Should I move rooms, or is this a good choice in rooms?

Any help would be welcome!

I was just on the Victory and had an aft wrap-around balcony.

It was great and I would do it again in a second. Its a 9A category but it was worth the extra $300.00

Here are my pixs if you want to look. We were on deck 8 also.

Enjoy!

Carol

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560327555XWZNUd?vhost=travel&track_pagetag=/page/photo/travel/travel&track_action=/Owner/ViewActions/FullAlbum

We are booked on the Conquest for 02/03/08 and have a Verandah aft balcony cabin. Has anyone had an aft cabin? I have been doing some internet research on this type of room and have read some complaints about privacy, soot, and noise from the lido pizza area directly above. Should I move rooms, or is this a good choice in rooms?

Any help would be welcome!

it is a good choice of rooms for most people. For one--you get a bigger balcony then whats on the side-- for the same amount of money.

I prefer my aft cabin closer to the waters and the empress deck is primo choice since it is between cabin space and away from public areas.

I have sailed the aft 7 out of 10 times. I havenot experiences soot and noise even with beingover the lounge from the promanade deck.

Your cabin is situated over chairs so you might hear the scraping of chairs. annoying to some but fine to most.

Its a long walk to the elevators but the hall back here is quiet as the only people back here are the people staying there. People on a cruise tend not to go where they dont have to.

your cbain will not gte ocean breezes like the side..and sometimes could be rather warm. Keep the curtains closed to the cabin to keep the cabin cool.

The views are amazing and you dont have to worry about being on the wrong side of the ship.

Everyone should try the aft at least once to see if its for them.

the cabins are the same exact on the side.

Privacy-- there really is no balcony on a cruise ship that is totally private. People can see you only if you are standing at the railing. if you are sitting on a chair they wont see you.

The dividers are at an angle.. they are not floor to ceilinglike the side ones so it doesnt take much for the people next door to look over.

Archived