Traveling Mariner 1st time Voyage Ship

lojill

I have some questions for my group traveling next year on Mariner

1.Where do you fly in to and do we booked with our T/A for a transfer or rent a car and travel to Port Canerval.

2. We are doing a pre-cruise the day before so where is there nice to stay at the day before. We will arrive that morning the day before.

3. We are going from the Enchantment to our 1st Voyager class ship did we make a good choice out of all the other Voyager class and is there a big difference.

1.Where do you fly in to and do we booked with our T/A for a transfer or rent a car and travel to Port Canerval.

2. We are doing a pre-cruise the day before so where is there nice to stay at the day before. We will arrive that morning the day before.

3. We are going from the Enchantment to our 1st Voyager class ship did we make a good choice out of all the other Voyager class and is there a big difference.

1. You fly into Orlando airport (MCO), where Disneyworld is. You can book transfers with your TA, RCI, or find them yourself. Also, you can rent a car.

2. There is a whole thread in the east coast departures board about Port Canaveral. It is called, I work in port canaveral. (very long)

3. I loved the Mariner last year. It is a great ship, newest Voyager class, easy departure port, great itinerary, great food, great crew. You will love the Mariner. Such a lovely vacation all togehter. You did make a great choice. There is so much more than the Enchantment, especially the Royal Promenade. But, the Enchantment is still a really nice ship too.

We flew in to Orlando (MCO) and rented a Budget rental car. Dropped it off in Canaveral departure day. We stayed at Residence Inn which was very nice but Country Inn & Suites is right next door. None are walkable but Budget offers a free shuttle service to the ship.... and vice versa on the return.

I will give this a try.

#1, You will fly into Orlando (MCO). We have done both transfer and rental and prefer rental. There are several agencies that have shuttles that will take you to and pick you up from the port. We prefer Budget. You can get discount codes at http://www.mousesavers.com to save you $$$$ on your rental.

#2, We have always stayed at the Raddison Resort at the Port (six times to be exact) and love the hotel There are several others there that are wonderful I am sure and other posters will tell you about them.

#3, Enchantment is our second favorite ship that we have sailed. She is the most beautiful in our eyes as we like the "classic" cruise ship look. There is not enough differences on the Voyager class ships to really make a difference. The staff is what makes the difference. We have only been on three Voyager class ships, Mariner, Voyager, and Explorer. Unfortunately, the staff of the Mariner is at the bottom of the list of those three, sorry. Please take this with a grain of salt as there are thousands more that prefer the staff of the Mariner over any other ship. You will have a wonderful time no matter how we feel about the staff.

Enjoy and have fun!!!

Tim

So if I'm correct. We would fly into Orlando. Stay in Orlando overnight in a hotel. Rent a car In Orlando drive to Port C and drop the car off at the rental car site at Port C and they will take us to the Port.

Is this correct?

So if I'm correct. We would fly into Orlando. Stay in Orlando overnight in a hotel. Rent a car In Orlando drive to Port C and drop the car off at the rental car site at Port C and they will take us to the Port.

Is this correct?

I live 10 minutes from Port Canaveral. Orlando is a good 15 minutes from the airport in the opposite direction from the Port. Unless you really want to see Orlando, I would find a shuttle from the Airport to a hotel in Cape Canaveral (Port Canaveral-basically the same thing)(Radisson, Country Inns & Suites, Marriot Residences) and you are practically walking distance to the Port. There are restaurants & bars at the port to enjoy the night before and it's probably a $3.00 cab ride to the ship. The only car rental near the Port is hertz and that is brand new

ETA:lojill I just realized we''ll be on the same cruise.

Is this correct?

That'll work. You can also fly into Orlando, rent the car and drive to Port C to spend the night. Then drop off the car the next morning and take the shuttle to the ship. Either way is fine depending on your own personal preference.

What we are planning on doing is flying into Ft Lauderdale and drive to Port C. The only reason for this is because Skybus's Hub is in Columbus,oh where we live and there flights are around 10-20 dollars.

Please read the thread about Port Canaveral on the East Coast departures. Your questions and any that you can possibly think of, other than perhaps how to drive from Ft Lauderdale have been answered. It is a great thread.

Lots and lots of time has been spent doing the thread. If you don't want to read many pages, go to the Best of I live in Port Canaveral. The first thread though has answers to everything from people who live there and from people who have traveled there.

1. I'd fly into Orlando.

2. If you want to stay at the beach we stayed at a Holiday Inn, which was nice and close to the port.

3. The Mariner is a beautiful ship. You definitely made a great choice.

Ft Lauderdale is about a 3 hour drive from Port Canaveral (I sure a local can give a better driving estimate - I just looked on Yahoo maps.)
Ft.Lauderdale is more than a 3 hour drive from Pt.Canaveral,,,we live in the tampa bay area and it takes us a good 4 hrs. to get there,,,

Another choice for staying in Port Canveral is the Country Inn and Suites. It is very close to the port and offers shuttle service. For those driving they offer a cruise package with free parking and shuttle service.
This is a good choice. You can see the ship from this hotel. You can get from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port Canaveral in about 3 1/2 hours.

Archived