Advice on these Hotels in Miami Please???

ooulio

I did a deal on Dockers at Kohl's. You get a hotel(excluding taxes). I have it narrowed down to these 7:

Baymont Inns & Suites..10821 Carribbean Blvd Miami

Doubletree Hotel Coconut Grove..2649 S Bayshore Dr Miami

JW Marriott Hotel Miami..1109 Brickell Ave Miami

LaQuinta Inn & Suites..8730 NW 27th St Miami

Riviere Hotel..1424 Collins Ave Miami Beach

South Beach Marriott 161 Ocean Drive Miami Beach

Wyndham Grand Bay Hotel..2669 S Bayshore DRive CXoconut Grove

Can anyone help me with the choices. Are any of them close to the cruise Port in Miami? Any of them have free shuttle? Any near restaurants that won't cost us an arm and leg. Never stayed near the cruise port in Miami. I know Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale. Trying to book my hotel for my upcoming cruise. Thanks so much for your hlep!

I did a deal on Dockers at Kohl's. You get a hotel(excluding taxes). I have it narrowed down to these 7:

Baymont Inns & Suites..10821 Carribbean Blvd Miami

Doubletree Hotel Coconut Grove..2649 S Bayshore Dr Miami

JW Marriott Hotel Miami..1109 Brickell Ave Miami

LaQuinta Inn & Suites..8730 NW 27th St Miami

Riviere Hotel..1424 Collins Ave Miami Beach

South Beach Marriott 161 Ocean Drive Miami Beach

Wyndham Grand Bay Hotel..2669 S Bayshore DRive CXoconut Grove

Can anyone help me with the choices. Are any of them close to the cruise Port in Miami? Any of them have free shuttle? Any near restaurants that won't cost us an arm and leg. Never stayed near the cruise port in Miami. I know Port Canaveral and Fort Lauderdale. Trying to book my hotel for my upcoming cruise. Thanks so much for your hlep!

JW Marriot for sure!

At Kohl's between 6/7/07--06/16/07 spend $100.00 in qualifying dockers apparel & accessories. Mail everything to receive the voucher for a Free 2 night Hotel plus 2 dinner entrees. I haven't received my book yet but online told us what you can pick from. I found it on the last Saturday at Kohl's. It seems like a great deal. Hopefully, I can find a hotel from that list that is available for the cruise. That is the deal i was talking about.

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the JW Marriott last January 1 night for a pre-cruise - it's a wonderful hotel, the bedding is so comfy you don't want to get up! We ate right next door at a little micro brewery, then hung out at the rooftop pool and hot tubs.........wish I was there now!!

Kim.

I am not sure how I am going to use this deal now. You have to give 3 different dates. Also 3 different hotels. I only have 1 date that I can use. I can find 3 different hotels but not 3 diffeent dates. You only have to pay sales tax. I haven't put my name on it yet. Once you put your name on it, you can't change it. If I live in Florida or could take vacation anytime, I would have a better chance. It also includes 2 meals. The JW Hotels does look nice. I wouldn't pay $475.00 a nite though. Any suggestions on how I can do this.??

I stayed at the JW Marriott...aside from a couple little staffing issues, the place was amazing! It's really beautiful....quiet, not a whole lot around, but there is the Gordon Biersch microbrew place next door, and you can walk about 3-4 blocks to Publix and Walgreens, plus there are 2 metromover stops within 2-3 blocks.

I would stay there again.....

Do you have to give 3 dates?? are you locked in for the sales tax whether you show up or not?? When are you traveling???

I would just put the dates you need, and 3 hotels and see what happens...

btw, the JW would not have a shuttle anywhere and their food isn't cheap. I didn't find it snooty either.....it's in the banking and foreign consulate area so at night the sidewalks kind of get rolled up!

did they give you a number to call? maybe they could help you more....

I have seen these offers before and would only use them as a weekend getaway, when you are more flexible and definitely not a needed pre cruise hotel. The reason they want 3 dates, as they'll check availibility in your 3 hotel choices for all the nights listed and assign the cheapest one to you. It's sort of a "Priceline-type" deal.

You're better off using it at another time.

OR you could just try the one date choice as mentioned before and see if it flies. Needless to say, getting JW Marriot will be very improbable.

Unfotunately, you have to give 3 dates or they will return it to you. I did call them. She said they couldn't guarantee any of the three places. You might get the third date which doesn't help me. I knew it was too good to be true. They charge your credit card with the sales tax for both nites on whatever date they give you. I can only go in February one nite before the cruise. Everything is such a hassle. Have a puppy sitter for Friday before the cruise which means I have to pay already for Thursday nite. Just like having a child. Not sure what I am going to do. Thanks for help anyway.

Unfotunately, you have to give 3 dates or they will return it to you. I did call them. She said they couldn't guarantee any of the three places. You might get the third date which doesn't help me. I knew it was too good to be true. They charge your credit card with the sales tax for both nites on whatever date they give you. I can only go in February one nite before the cruise. Everything is such a hassle. Have a puppy sitter for Friday before the cruise which means I have to pay already for Thursday nite. Just like having a child. Not sure what I am going to do. Thanks for help anyway.

What dates are you looking at? Did you try booking thru Hotwire? If you do your homework at betterbidding.com you can usually figure out which hotel it is that you are purchasing. I just got the Intercontinental for one night in Oct for $89!!! It was listed as a 4 star property.

I am looking for February 22 in Miami. I will try reading the other site you mentioned. I just don't want another dump. We stayed last year in Universal at Royal Pacific for 4 days . It was wonderful on the concierge level. Then for 1 day we stayed at Howard Johnson Suites outside Universal studios.. It was the biggest dump you ever seen. Wouldn't stay there for free. Ouside was nice. Inside, you want to put your enemy there. I didn't even take my clothes off.

I am looking for February 22 in Miami. I will try reading the other site you mentioned. I just don't want another dump. We stayed last year in Universal at Royal Pacific for 4 days . It was wonderful on the concierge level. Then for 1 day we stayed at Howard Johnson Suites outside Universal studios.. It was the biggest dump you ever seen. Wouldn't stay there for free. Ouside was nice. Inside, you want to put your enemy there. I didn't even take my clothes off.

Icky! I'm a neat freak and if I didnt feel it was clean, I wouldn't take my clothes off either. And no matter how clean the hotel, I always shower with flip flops on! And I won't walk around a hotel room barefoot either.

Anyhoo...I checked hotwire for your date. Feb is evidently a very busy time for Miami, as the rates are high. But. there is a 3.5 star hotel by the airport listed for $89 a night. There is also a 3.5 star condo at coral gables/coconut grove for $164. There is a 4 star downtown for $234. It doesnt list a laundry icon in the amenities, so I think this is the Hyatt (the Intercontinental has the laundry icon listed). Anyway, hope this helps a bit.

Good luck to you in your search. I'm sure you'll find what you need.

Thanks for your help. I saw the 3 1/2 star near the airport for $89.00. Someone else told me it was fine as long as I didn't go anywhere walking so I didn't feel too safe after reading that. Wish I were cruising out of Port Canaveral or Ft Lauderdale. Been to both those places a lot. Have no problem there.

Archived