My husband is changing his mind again...

Dawniepoo

We are taking a cruise during Thanksgiving week with our 2 small boys, one 5 and one 2. We originally booked the Fascination, but when we heard the Imagination was being upgraded with a water works park we cancelled and book the Imagination. Now, my hubby wants to switch to the Victory because it is only $240 more.

I guess my question is, what would you do? Besides the fact that it is 7 days as opposed to 5, is the Victory worth changing for?

oh...i don't know. if the evolutions improvements will really be done it'll be like going on a new ship. tough call. i think i'd go w/ the fantasy class, but i have also been on the victory b/4. have you been on victory yet? what about the difference in ports? do they matter?

2 more days on board???? FTLOG, what is there to think about?? Switch!!!!!!!!! :D

Exactly my thoughts.

Perhaps if the OP is set on the cruise she currently has booked she needs to provide her DH with some incentive to stay with that one.

I have not been on the Victory before, but I have been on the Imagination. Like truecruiser said, it will be like a new ship to us, including water works for my son who is very excited about it. Of course, the 2 extra days are quite attractive.

I have not been on the Victory before, but I have been on the Imagination. Like truecruiser said, it will be like a new ship to us, including water works for my son who is very excited about it. Of course, the 2 extra days are quite attractive.

you've seen this right?

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/Promos/evolutionsoffun/default.aspx

short cruises are never never never long enough. i say switch and go with the 7 day cruise. it will be worth it.

pre pay your gratuity also. will make your on board money more pleasant.

That way if you put 400 on you sail and sign card, you have 400 to spend.

Exactly my thoughts.

Perhaps if the OP is set on the cruise she currently has booked she needs to provide her DH with some incentive to stay with that one.

:confused: what kind of incentives??? :D :D :D

you need to 'splain it better.

We are taking a cruise during Thanksgiving week with our 2 small boys, one 5 and one 2. We originally booked the Fascination, but when we heard the Imagination was being upgraded with a water works park we cancelled and book the Imagination. Now, my hubby wants to switch to the Victory because it is only $240 more.

I guess my question is, what would you do? Besides the fact that it is 7 days as opposed to 5, is the Victory worth changing for?

I am sure the Imagination will be great, but this is not even a question for me, 7 days on a ship versus 5 days, I will take the 7 days without questions (assumming the ship is equal or better, which the Victory is bigger newer ship). Book the Victory and have a great time with your family.

I normally would agree with the longer, 7 day itinerary. However, we love the Imagination and with the new improvements, I think it's a great ship to consider with children that young. It's easy to get around and I think that's a big bonus with small children. And the pool area and water park looks awesome. I say stick with the Imagination. The Victory is getting a little long in the tooth anyway, I'd hardly consider it a new ship. But it sounds like the Imagination will look like new with the refurbishment.

What you do depends on what you want. Do you want more for your kids to do then go with the water park. Do you want the extra days then go on the Victory. Which of the three cruises are going to where you want to go? Tough questions. You have some tough choices to make, good luck.

I normally would agree with the longer, 7 day itinerary. However, we love the Imagination and with the new improvements, I think it's a great ship to consider with children that young. It's easy to get around and I think that's a big bonus with small children. And the pool area and water park looks awesome. I say stick with the Imagination. The Victory is getting a little long in the tooth anyway, I'd hardly consider it a new ship. But it sounds like the Imagination will look like new with the refurbishment.

I'm a rotten mother, I swear. My kids would have to miss out on the new additions to the Imagination and suck it up and go on the Victory for an extra 2 days.

I'm thinking that kids are very fortunate to get such great vacations...a little sacrifice (if anyone would have the guts to call it that) won't kill 'em.

:cool: I have been on 2, 5 day cruises.... TAKE the 7 day....!!!! I agree, even if they are sailing in Circles ( I love that) go for the longer, you will be glad you did..... The kids,,, really ,, being on a cruise is fun enough,.,,, and they won';t know they missed the water park.....

GO for 7 !!! I would....

Well, this is really the kid's cruise, since we have our "no kids cruise" in December. I think we are going to stick with the Imagination and try a different class for spring break. Thank you all for your honest opinions.

Halos, you are not a bad mother. What they don't know wont hurt em, lol;)

Archived