Is Drew Devine the new CD of Mariner??? What happened to Dennis Sciortino?

DonnaK

The current cruise director thread is listing Drew Devine as CD of Mariner effective 8/07.

Can anyone confirm this, because all the reviews here state that Dennis Sciortino is still the CD having replaced Becky just a few weeks ago? (I asked twice on that thread where they got this info from, but didn't receive a reply.)

Has anyone sailed with Drew? Opinions???

We sailed with Drew when he filled in on the Rhapsody in 05. Really great guy - at that time he said he was the guy who went from ship to ship to work while others vacationed. Very personable, non cheesy, great energy and always visible. I really liked him and spent a little time having a normal conversation with him - I think you'll like him too.

Johnny was our captain last week.

someone please help me...I cant stop posting IM SO ADDICTED TO POSTING..I HAVE OCD..can anyone help me with a good doctor??? Im being serious I think I have real issues here...someone help me get a life and give me the strength to stay off the boards....HELP HELP PLEASE

After 10 cruises on Mariner, with Becky, now I find out that #11 wil be without her?

Is Captain Johnny gone too? WHERE?

Captain Johnny is scheduled to begin his vacation on September 2nd ... the day we board. :( But I've read lots of good comments about Captain Per. Just so long as he steers us clear of any tropical storms/systems then I'll love him!

After 10 cruises on Mariner, with Becky, now I find out that #11 wil be without her?

Is Captain Johnny gone too? WHERE?

I'm going to miss Becky too.

She's on Freedom, if you want to sail with her again.

We'll be sailing with Capt Johnny the last week before he begins his vacation!!

I wish whomever posted on the CD thread about Drew would confirm this info.

We just got off Mariner on Aug. 12 - Dennis was our CD and, at the Meet and Mingle, he said he will be going to the Freedom in January. Of course, no one thought to ask where Becky would be going if he goes to Freedom. They sure have started moving people around a lot! :cool:

Drew was my CD on the November 2005 Rhapsody and the only one I remember by name. I thought he was a lot of fun and did a great job with activities. He also plays a mean set of drums! Wish he was still sailing with us out of Texas!!

The current cruise director thread is listing Drew Devine as CD of Mariner effective 8/07.

Can anyone confirm this, because all the reviews here state that Dennis Sciortino is still the CD having replaced Becky just a few weeks ago? (I asked twice on that thread where they got this info from, but didn't receive a reply.)

someone please help me...I cant stop posting IM SO ADDICTED TO POSTING..I HAVE OCD..can anyone help me with a good doctor??? Im being serious I think I have real issues here...someone help me get a life and give me the strength to stay off the boards....HELP HELP PLEASE

You're asking us for help!!!! Don't you think you might be asking the wrong people??? :D

• 5 months later...

Sailed w/Drew on the Mariner in November.... didn't really care for him to be honest. But then again, I sailed with Becky the first time on the Mariner, so any cruise director would pale in comparison. However, I just found Drew to be a bit arrogant and not really around much, except to announce the shows.

Sailed w/Drew on the Mariner in November.... didn't really care for him to be honest. But then again, I sailed with Becky the first time on the Mariner, so any cruise director would pale in comparison. However, I just found Drew to be a bit arrogant and not really around much, except to announce the shows.

This thread kind of came back out of nowhere, but just to clarify, Drew is the current CD on Mariner.

Graham Seymore is the current CD on the Mariner. He did state that he will be going to the Independance.

I just left Mariner on 1/13. Did Graham join the ship last week?

I apologize if I'm wrong; I did not expect things would change so quickly.

I just got off the Mariner on Sunday 01/20. They must have changed on that sailing.

Well then thanks again for the correction. It seems kind of odd to me for 1 ship to have so many CDs recently, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Well then thanks again for the correction. It seems kind of odd to me for 1 ship to have so many CDs recently, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

We were on the 1/06 sailing and Drew was the CD,,,didn't much care for him:( .....Yes, is odd to have so many CD'S,,,but like you, who knows....

We cruised with him a couple of years back when he was filling in on the Voyager. At the time he was very green, but he had all the right skills for a terrific CD - entertaining, friendly, and very energetic. He also has the most uncanny resemblance to the guy who played Biff in all those Back to the Future movies.

Archived