WAHOOOOO!! Price Reduction

I've read about them but never saw one for our previous or upcoming cruise. TILL TODAY! ! ! Something caught my eye and I went out and found that there was a residency price reduction (cruising out of FL/live in SC, go figure). I called my TA and he checked and said YES that there is a small price savings and he would take care of it right away. It was for balcony cabins or higher (that's us) so we are saving $50 per person. That's $100 more to spend elsewhere (cause you know it will be spent somewhere, LOL). YIPPPPEEEE

Can I get greedy and hope for even more savings????

Erika

I've read about them but never saw one for our previous or upcoming cruise. TILL TODAY! ! ! Something caught my eye and I went out and found that there was a residency price reduction (cruising out of FL/live in SC, go figure). I called my TA and he checked and said YES that there is a small price savings and he would take care of it right away. It was for balcony cabins or higher (that's us) so we are saving $50 per person. That's $100 more to spend elsewhere (cause you know it will be spent somewhere, LOL). YIPPPPEEEE

Can I get greedy and hope for even more savings????

Erika

Of course you can! My DH checks daily! We just saved $100 on a JS :D

Where did you look that you saw the discount?

Go to RCCL web site and pretend like you're booking the same cruise that you're taking and see what price that it's being offered for today! Most of the time its higher, but every now and then you'll get lucky. If you find a price drop, just call RCCL and they will immediately change it:D

You can definitely get more than one price drop. We had one two weeks before we sailed last time on Mariner. (I checked right up until the day before we left for Florida.) Not as big as the first one we received, but like you said $100 to be spent elsewhere, and it was!

Congratulations!!

Thank you Emi's Mom...

Wanting to try RCI...I have a cruise picked out. Each day I go to RCI website and do the 'quick vacation search' on this cruise, and every day for the past month the price is exactly the same. Didnt know if there was somewhere else to look for discounts. Thanks again!

Thank you Emi's Mom...

Wanting to try RCI...I have a cruise picked out. Each day I go to RCI website and do the 'quick vacation search' on this cruise, and every day for the past month the price is exactly the same. Didnt know if there was somewhere else to look for discounts. Thanks again!

I wish you the best of luck! Happy Cruising :D

Interestingly enough, when I haved checked via RCCL website, I had never actually put in the state I live in. For some reason I did yesterday and that's when I saw the price discount. Make sure you click on your state and if applicable over 55 or military. You never know what surprised you might find.

Sure makes it even more fun to know you got an even better deal!

Erika

Just this morning, we saved $80 per person on our Nov 26th Enchantment cruise! Noticed the price drop, called the TA, and were credited, yeah! ONLY the RCCL site itself is reflecting the price drop though, all other online booking sites are still showing the original price we paid.

Hi:

I thought I found a price reduction for a senior discount on our upcoming Radiance to Hawaii cruise on 10/21/2007. According to the RCCL website, there is a senior discount and I am a senior. When my TA checked with RCCL, she was told that it didn't apply to my D1 balcony but to the E1 balcony category. It seems to me that if you're a senior (which my husband and I qualify) and you find a senior discount for your cruise, that you should get the discount. I think you should qualify by age and not the type of balcony you have booked. As a Diamond member with RCCL, and one who books several cruises a year with them, I wasn't very happy about this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

Hi:

I thought I found a price reduction for a senior discount on our upcoming Radiance to Hawaii cruise on 10/21/2007. According to the RCCL website, there is a senior discount and I am a senior. When my TA checked with RCCL, she was told that it didn't apply to my D1 balcony but to the E1 balcony category. It seems to me that if you're a senior (which my husband and I qualify) and you find a senior discount for your cruise, that you should get the discount. I think you should qualify by age and not the type of balcony you have booked. As a Diamond member with RCCL, and one who books several cruises a year with them, I wasn't very happy about this. Has this happened to anyone else?

Happy Cruising.....Sparkle 10 (Anita)

When you have any discounts whether it be Sr, resident, military etc they are capacity controlled for each sailing and will be available for only certain categories. All cruiselines operate the same way. The discounts are given to fill ships...if a category is selling well (which balconies usually do) they do not need to discount them.

Archived