Promenade Stateroom - Navigator

glf2710

Hi all,

I have booked my first cruise with RCI and will be travelling on the Navigator of the Seas in October. My booking was for an interior stateroom guarantee and I have found out that I have been allocated a promenade stateroom on deck 6. The deckplans seem to indicate that these rooms are actually smaller than the usual interior stateroom. Can anyone clarify this? RCI say that this is quite a good upgrade - any views??

Thanks everyone.

yes I beleive the promenade rooms are smaller than an inside cabin,when you look on line at the room size of a prom room it says 149 sq ft,if you look at an inside cabin it says 151 when you call RC they tell you that the pr has 9 more sq ft, I am talking about the Freedom ship,I will find out next week we are on the Freedom in 2 adjoining PR rooms ,if any one knows if there is a diffrence in size can you please reply?.

We had a promenade cabin on deck 7 on Navigator in June. We usually book a balcony but as this was only for 3 nights it didn't seem worth the cost. I have to say we were very pleasantly surprised. The room didn't feel much smaller than an E1 balcony room, and is laid out the same way with the bed across the room not under the window. I really liked the window seat where you can look out onto the Promenade, just remember to draw the curtains when changing because the rooms opposite can see you!

For me it would be a great upgrade from an inside room. Hope you enjoy it.

Julie

We had an E1 balcony and the kids had a promenade. We could tell a huge difference between the size of the 2 rooms, however, we loved he promenade room. We are considering booking to adjoining next time! It is fun to watch the poeple in the promenade. We did love the balcony though...and might just not be able to giv it up!:D

sorry but thats not what I read,was just on RCCL web site ,it says PR room 149 sq ft, Inside state room 152sq ft, who cares ,we are on a cruise to have fun, like I said we will see next week.

Who's to figure? I am a travel agent. That is what is from an agents' booking engine portal called Amadeus which accesses the RCCL data base. On the other hand, cruisepower, the RCCL agent portal gives the numbers you mention. Let's find out which is right. Bring a tape measure. One may be the outer wall dimensions, like they measure a house, and the smaller may subtract the interior walls.

Have a wonderful time.

the square footage given on rccl's website is an approximation for the whole category.

if you can post here the specific stateroom number I can pull up that room number and tell you the dimensions and actual square footage for that particular room.

You you check the RCCL web site, you will see that not all Voyager class ships have been created equally.

AOS, ExOS,VOS have 160 sq.ft. IN, 167 sq.ft. PR and 180 sq.ft OV cabins

NOS & MaOS have 158 sq.ft. IN, 153 sq.ft. PR and 161 OV cabins.

We were on AOS last March and I know our PR cabin was larger than the other inside cabins.

If you look at Balcony cabins AOS, ExOS & VOS have smaller cabins than the same cabins on NOS & MaOS.

All Freedom class ships appear to be the same.

So it appears that with the three first built Voyager class ships you get more space in the less costly cabins and less space with the higher cost cabins.

the square footage given on rccl's website is an approximation for the whole category.

if you can post here the specific stateroom number I can pull up that room number and tell you the dimensions and actual square footage for that particular room.

The room number is 6289.

My sister and I had a promenade room on the Navigator (deck7) in December. By the time we booked there was really nothing else left and we were a little worried because we've only stayed in oceanview or higher cabins but booked and hoped for the best. It was great. The room was spacious and I loved the window. We were on the Pride of America 5 months before and had an Aft balcony cabin and the promenade room seemed so much bigger. Our worries were for nothing because we had a great time. We are now looking into Liberty for April and I would love a Promenade room again.

Even if it is 149' vs. 151' that's about an 18" square difference. (not much)

With the window and window seat it feels larger than the standard inside cabin. Just be sure to close your curtains when you change clothes or might give someone a show across the hall. I had a Promenade room on the deck 8

enjoyed it.

PR rooms may have two or three feet less space but they have more seating. the window seat and the sofa form a nice grouping around the coffee table for room service breakfasts, not found in typical insides.

If I got one on a gruarantee, I would be THRILLED.

Yeah, as others have said, the size difference is almost negligible. Even if there may be a difference of a couple square feet bigger or smaller, you should consider the PR and standard interior to be the same size. What you gain is a nice picture window overlooking the promenade, which makes these rooms feel a lot less closed in and make them the most desirable of the inside category (at least for most people).

A Promenade Inside is a nice upgrade. It was fun to sit on the sofa and watch our friends walk by. Of course we'd beat on the windows like morons until they saw us.

We watched one of the parades from out window too.

The P staterooms seem much less clastraphobic than the regular interiors.

m

Archived