Princess Cruise Line: I HAVE to VENT!!!!!

nycglitter

See Post # 108. :D

Even if you were right your wrong. If Nycglitter was screamed at and hung-up on she would be the first person asking to have the phone records pulled. But if it didn't happen or your the one that was out of control you ignor it. This is the way politicians in this contry act now days. Make a outlandish statement then ignor the facts. ;)

My experience (was on the Crown Princess 23 July) was that they put through a daily authorisation (roughly equivalent to the days spend) and then charged the full amount at the end. However, the authorisations remained for 14 days after each one was put through. I have no idea if this is typical or whether the lingering authorisations were due to my bank or the fact my bank is non-US.

Authorization holds are your banks fault. They decide how long to hold and can release them at anytiime.

I'm sure there are regulations on length of time for holds. Banks are highly regulated.

Banks set their own hold times. Note! an approved authorization means the charge is to be paid if completed. Charges are authorized many tmies and the charge is sent in months later. Nycglitter saw a pending authorization probably on line not on her statement. Authorizations don't appear on statements until the charge is completed by the merchant. But! you should know all this since you have claimed to know all the banking rules and regulations.

Banks set their own hold times. Note! an approved authorization means the charge is to be paid if completed. Charges are authorized many tmies and the charge is sent in months later. Nycglitter saw a pending authorization probably on line not on her statement. Authorizations don't appear on statements until the charge is completed by the merchant. But! you should know all this since you have claimed to know all the banking rules and regulations.

I think there is a sticky regarding thread hijacking--you might want to read it. I feel sorry for the OP

Excuse me! Who posed this!

Newman - He is the one we feel sorry for - with a "Dad" like THAT!!! :(

That "Dad" is totally out of control and just rants on

or this

Newman' date=' PLEASE come live with me!

You have a bona-fide retard for a Dad!

People kick sand on you a lot don't they. :confused:

It's not wonder that your best friend is your dog. He can't speak, or he would tell you where to go.

Grow up. We live in a society that allows people to have their own opinions and the freedom to speak them. Get over it and grow up.:p

I didn't post any of the above! Did you comment the same to them?

If you feel its rude to explain how this could be handled without numberous calls. What do you call the above statements. This post started by a lady complaining because she mis-read a statement. She then spent numberous calls attempting to correct it when she still hasn't a clue what she is talking about. I simply gave her the quickest way to resolve the issue. Understand over 25 years on credit card dispute experience here.

Of course, you did not post any of the comments above, and to those posters - two rights don't make a wrong.

Newman, I really hope you don't treat people this way in everyday life. I'm sure you don't. It's really comical how some are very brave behind a computer screen with their insults, smiley faces and condescending remarks, but in reality, these are usually the same people who will cowardly hide and refrain from confrontation.

You may have years dealing with credit card disputes, but I do know psychology inside and out. :)

Trust me, Newman, you're not better than anyone on these boards, contrary to what you may believe. ;)

Newman, I really hope you don't treat people this way in everyday life. I'm sure you don't. It's really comical how some are very brave behind a computer screen with their insults, smiley faces and condescending remarks, but in reality, these are usually the same people who will cowardly hide and refrain from confrontation.

You may have years dealing with credit card disputes, but I do know psychology inside and out. :)

Trust me, Newman, you're not better than anyone on these boards,

contrary to what you may believe. ;)

I think there is a sticky regarding thread hijacking--you might want to read it. I feel sorry for the OP

This above post is from you please read it!

Even if you were right your wrong. If Nycglitter was screamed at and hung-up on she would be the first person asking to have the phone records pulled. But if it didn't happen or your the one that was out of control you ignor it. This is the way politicians in this contry act now days. Make a outlandish statement then ignor the facts. ;)

You seem to be pretty sure of what happened which is strange since you have nothing to do with it. My guess is that this particular subject is a sore spot for you as you work in the customer end of credit cards and obviously have been yelled at at times. You know what, there are times that customer service reps can be downright rude , maybe they're having a bad day, maybe a fight with a spouse or co-worker. Sometimes it's the caller that is rude. Since you weren't there for any of the phone calls I don't understand how you can say with such authority exactly what happened as you have done with many posts on this thread.

Maybe it's time to sit back and take another look at some of your posts or simply take a break. You seemed to be bothered by a lot of what's going on here on this thread and honestly, it's not really worth it.

Archived