Princess Cruise Line: I HAVE to VENT!!!!!

nycglitter

When I returned home and saw my credit card statement' date=' I saw the correct charge for my on-board purchases, including the future cruise credit, and several RANDOM charges that could not be accounted for ($800 total). This is where you should have called you credit card company no Princess. ]

Actually, your first attempt to resolve billing errors should be with the merchant. I would only make one attempt before I let me credit card take over, but the credit card should be the second recourse not the first.

Newman's Dad. . . Princess sends an electronic file to place the hold for the charges and then sends a file to reverse the holds once the charges are actually placed against your credit card. True but this takes 5-7 days to be taken off your account it can be cleared in one call. Why? Waste time and frustration dealing with a matter you don't need too. Now the lady is upset with Princess because she could explain the promlem properly. So the fact that they charge the credit card and leave the hold on too IS their fault. Really you are persecuting the victim here and owe them an apology.

Its simple enough dispute with your credit card company 1 call it's over they settle the whole matter for you. You then have experts dealing with Princess not someone who doesn't have a clue about what's going on.

Thank you to everyone who read and understood my post. Everything has been resolved and things are in order. As I mentioned, I was never angry on the phone, simply frustrated at the number of hoops I had to jump through with the folks at Princess.

I believe the first call in a dispute should always be to the merchant. More often than not they can either offer a satisfactory explanation, or simply make a correction if there has been an error.

I love cruise critic for the wide variety of answers and experiences that can be shared and learned from.

A little sparring can be fun, but this thread is out of control. Some folks just have a mean streak that is insatiable! I think we all know who I mean, so I'll leave it at that.

So, thank you again for all who could feel my pain and understand that this was simply a glitch in an otherwise super fun vacation!

Actually, your first attempt to resolve billing errors should be with the merchant. I would only make one attempt before I let me credit card take over, but the credit card should be the second recourse not the first.

True, However if you never made the charge as stated its fraud and needs to be handled by the credit card people. This turns out not to be fraud or a billing error only a lady that can't read her statement correctly. In any case a simple call to her credit card company could have ended it all. Instead she contacted a poor customer service reps who couldn't help because see has no clue what her bill says.

Newman - He is the one we feel sorry for - with a "Dad" like THAT!!! :(

That "Dad" is totally out of control and just rants on. Thanks for your wonderful polite comments.

NYGLITTER: I think that He is the only one on this board who just does not Get It! It appears you don't get it. One call to the credit card company could have saved weeks of calls.

It IS a fault of Princess Purser's Desk for not removing the hold when you pay off your Folio.

NYG: I had two > $3000 charges on my debit card for MONTHS before I realized that it was making my cheques bounce.

I had to look this up in my Notes to Self. While on the phone with the Fraud Department at Citibank, this is what I was told: Great advice except this may take up to 7 days for your credit card company to remove it. One call and Citibank will remove the hold promlem solved.

"Meagan said to demand an AUTHORIZATION REVERSAL before paying off the account so that the HOLD comes off the account."

This is a written receipt that the Purser should give you, not some Electronic thing that cannot be seen. You should not have to ask for it; however, demanding this upon paying your Folio will ensure that no more "Holds" or "Charges" will be incurred.

Thank you, very much, Glitter, for reminding me of this.

Your the one who doesn't get it. Never use a debit card for cruises or car rentals they place hold and things will bounce. Always use a credit card.

I do the exact same thing and not only with cruise lines. It paid off this June when the Shearton Tahiti double billed my credit and added charges that amounted to about $60 extra, a total of $925.

I Called the credit card company and faxed by receipts from the hotel along with my reservation and what my rate was to me and they had it straighened out within a week.

Since then I have heard of others who had double billing from taht hotel. It also had something to do with pre-billing to get the cheaper rate.

BTW, I received a receipt for every drink I bought on board. I thought every one did. Don't you sign the slip and they give you the back copy.

You a very smart person and solved the issue quickly.

It's so much easier when you only have to make one call. Nycglitter do you see how simple life can be.

This is correct. Even in my case the CC company told me to call Sheraton, which I did. They never called back as they said they would.

Newman's dad, My post was in responsed to keeping receipts. Many just through them away.

I am not so sure it was simple and did take more that one phone call including writing a cover letter explaining everthing to the credit card company. The receipts keep (I hate paperwork) saved me, but they did hold the charge untill I sent everything.

I am sorry you had a problem NYCglitter. Glad it is straightened out.

I am not so sure it was simple and did take more that one phone call including writing a cover letter explaining everthing to the credit card company. The receipts keep (I hate paperwork) saved me, but they did hold the charge untill I sent everything.

I am sorry you had a problem NYCglitter. Glad it is straightened out.

Please re-read 1 call to the credit card company would have told nycglitter that it was in fact only an authorization not a charge as she thought. There was no need to badger $7.00 per hour customer service reps over something she couldn't explain because she read things wrong. Nycglitter owes them an apology she has accused them of yelling at her and hanging up on her. Why didn't she call and complain on that the calls are recorded? Maybe because she was the one out of control and the one that rudely hung-up. Nycglitter admits to misreading the authorization so call and apologize for putting the customer service department through hell needlessly. But she won't do that because she is a constant complainer. Exampe her Crown review most all negative this shows she is very hard to please. The Crown is a beautiful ship with an outstanding crew. The food onboard is for the most outstanding. She even gripes about the cabin size (same cabin I had in the past). Go figure!

People kick sand on you a lot don't they. :confused:

It's not wonder that your best friend is your dog. He can't speak, or he would tell you where to go.

Grow up. We live in a society that allows people to have their own opinions and the freedom to speak them. Get over it and grow up.:p

newman's dad - pull your head in.

nycglitter - doesn't appear that the venting turned to be very beneficial. It sems these boards are populated by a vocal minority who seek to aggravate and/or go to ridiculous lengths to defend Princess. I get the impression that there must be some greater ulterior motive than defending the cruise company they choose to cruise with.

Glad it worked out in the end. I had the same issue with the credit card authorisations not being reelased (and posted about it on here). I rang the credit card company (because it was a local call and Princess is overseas for me). Card company were of no assistance and the authorisations (10 separate amounts) were finally released/lapsed after 14 days.

Enjoy your cruises to nowhere (how will you know when you're there?)

Nycglitter thanks for your kind comments once again you show your true self. I can tell that your the type of person that can never be pleased. You sail on Princess and expect to be treated like your on Crystal. Your cutting post shows your true character. Did you take off the auto tip on the Crown? Some people deserve what they get.

nycglitter, jakzak & sandragon, don't thing that all Princess cruisers are in the category of some who have posted. we were fortunate enough to meet all of you and enjoyed our time that we spent with all of you. we have always enjoyed our Princess cruises immensely, however, each to their own. I normally would never respond to these types of threads but one can only sit back and say nothing for so long. we can attest to the fact that people are way off when they say the negative things they have re nycglitter. great lady, great family.

Julia and Chris,

Hope all is well and life is beginning to get back to normal.

Newmans Dad,

Living in the United States and being a citizen of the same gives everyone the right to speak his or her own mind. With that said you attempted to create an arguement where there was never a need to have one. The original post was to vent. To let others know what can happen with pre authorized charges and the possible delay in having them removed from your credit card. Knowing NYC the way I do, this is principal of the issue concern. If enough people speak out, the possiblity exists that Princess and cruiselines in general may be able to come up with other ways to handle the back office accounting issues that have been brought up here.

To all reading this post.

Have a great day......

Alan

Julia and Chris,

Newmans Dad,

Living in the United States and being a citizen of the same gives everyone the right to speak his or her own mind. That goes both ways. With that said you attempted to create an arguement where there was never a need to have one. The original post was to vent. To let others know what can happen with pre authorized charges and the possible delay in having them removed from your credit card. Knowing NYC the way I do, this is principal of the issue concern. If enough people speak out, the possiblity exists that Princess and cruiselines in general may be able to come up with other ways to handle the back office accounting issues that have been brought up here. All that was said is understand the problem before complaining and call the right person.

Have a great day......

Alan

Please read before you respond!

Please re-read 1 call to the credit card company would have told nycglitter that it was in fact only an authorization not a charge as she thought. There was no need to badger $7.00 per hour customer service reps over something she couldn't explain because she read things wrong. Nycglitter owes them an apology she has accused them of yelling at her and hanging up on her. Why didn't she call and complain on that the calls are recorded? Maybe because she was the one out of control and the one that rudely hung-up. Nycglitter admits to misreading the authorization so call and apologize for putting the customer service department through hell needlessly. But she won't do that because she is a constant complainer. Exampe her Crown review most all negative this shows she is very hard to please. The Crown is a beautiful ship with an outstanding crew. The food onboard is for the most outstanding. She even gripes about the cabin size (same cabin I had in the past). Go figure!

You continue to respons to me as though my comments were directed at you. I do not need to reread your comments because they have nothing to do with what I commented on. As a matter of fact, I used whole quotes from others in my replys.

I have never responded directly to you and I have not engaged in the name and degradation that others have with you.

nycglitter, jakzak & sandragon, don't thing that all Princess cruisers are in the category of some who have posted. we were fortunate enough to meet all of you and enjoyed our time that we spent with all of you. we have always enjoyed our Princess cruises immensely, however, each to their own. I normally would never respond to these types of threads but one can only sit back and say nothing for so long. we can attest to the fact that people are way off when they say the negative things they have re nycglitter. great lady, great family.

Thanks Julia and David! This whole thread has just turned silly. Funny in a pathetic way. We really enjoyed meeting you both and certainly hope we have the good fortune to run into you on a cruise sometime in the future! Who knows, maybe we will see you in Canada (now that I know where it is:D)! Oh, and good news Julia! I have successfully located the OPI glitter! I am going to have the most sparkle on the block!

Julia and Chris,

Newmans Dad,

Living in the United States and being a citizen of the same gives everyone the right to speak his or her own mind. With that said you attempted to create an arguement where there was never a need to have one. The original post was to vent. To let others know what can happen with pre authorized charges and the possible delay in having them removed from your credit card. Knowing NYC the way I do, this is principal of the issue concern. If enough people speak out, the possiblity exists that Princess and cruiselines in general may be able to come up with other ways to handle the back office accounting issues that have been brought up here.

Have a great day......

Alan

Alan, thanks for trying to reason with those who simply like to be contradictory for the sake of it. No point. Either you get it or you don't. I think anyone who met me on the cruise, or has kept in touch knows that I am an easy going person who likes to have a good time. If you have never met me, you simply can't comment with any authority! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon!

And, quite frankly, Princess should have a policy in place not to address these issues, but to refer the passenger back to their credit card issuer.

Princess should have a policy saying if they add unnecessary charges to a CC bill, they don't have to address the issue? Wow, I'm glad you aren't the CEO of a corporation. With that mentality, it surely wouldn't last long.

To the OP:

I have had some struggles with Princess in the past, but they have always come out in the end as a responsible, reasonable and good-hearted company. I have gotten the runaround from the reps (rude and nice), added charges to my bill as well AFTER they were taken off the first time, etc. My situation is a bit different as the circumstances for refunds etc. were immediate due to an emergency on our cruise. But Princess isn't a bad company, just disorganized sometimes. Stuff like this happens, and I do understand your frustration.

IMO, they are the best cruise line out there. I've been on RCCL, Carnival, and NCL. Princess always comes out on top.

People kick sand on you a lot don't they. :confused:

It's not wonder that your best friend is your dog. He can't speak, or he would tell you where to go.

Grow up. We live in a society that allows people to have their own opinions and the freedom to speak them. Get over it and grow up.:p

Thanks for your very polite comments! I reviewed the threads several more times and I never called you any names or insulted your family. This shows everyone that you truley lost it with Princess customer service. Please seek counseling you have some real deep issues. You need to call Princess back and they will review all the tapes of your conversations. I bet when they play them back it's you who threw the fit. But wait why call and hear the tapes your not ready to admit its your fault anyway.

I was on the Crown in November and sleep in the same bed (c-251) and can tell you your extremely hard to please. The ship was great, the crew couldn't have been better. There was one woman on board like you screeming because they had cut off her card because she was over her credit limit. She was like a raging bull didn't stick around till the end thought she might explode. Please admit your error and apologize to Princess or maybe NCL is better for your temperment. I'm waiting for your NCL review to see what you gripe about next.

Thanks for your very polite comments! I reviewed the threads several more times and I never called you any names or insulted your family. This shows everyone that you truley lost it with Princess customer service. Please seek counseling you have some real deep issues. You need to call Princess back and they will review all the tapes of your conversations. I bet when they play them back it's you who threw the fit. But wait why call and hear the tapes your not ready to admit its your fault anyway.

I was on the Crown in November and sleep in the same bed (c-251) and can tell you your extremely hard to please. The ship was great' date=' the crew couldn't have been better. There was one woman on board like you screeming because they had cut off her card because she was over her credit limit. She was like a raging bull didn't stick around till the end thought she might explode. Please admit your error and apologize to Princess or maybe NCL is better for your temperment. I'm waiting for your NCL review to see what you gripe about next. [/size']

How about we agree to disagree and you find another thread to hijack?

WOW. That's all I have to add, just WOW. I just joined Cruise Critic and already I'm having second thoughts. Is this waht this forum is all about. Personal attacks and name calling? Isn't this board moderated? I just don't know.

I was on the Crown in November and sleep in the same bed (c-251) and can tell you your extremely hard to please. The ship was great' date=' the crew couldn't have been better. There was one woman on board like you screeming because they had cut off her card because she was over her credit limit. She was like a raging bull didn't stick around till the end thought she might explode. Please admit your error and apologize to Princess or maybe NCL is better for your temperment. I'm waiting for your NCL review to see what you gripe about next. [/size']

Newman -

Things such as this do happen to people. It happened to me last year with Princess. They refunded me fully for our cruise which was canceled mid-vacation, as they did the other 3,000 pax. A month later, the charge for two fares and then some was put back onto my credit card by mistake. It took months to resolve, hours on the phone with folks at Princess' headquarters and disputes with my CC company. I have AMEX, probably among the best CC companies to dispute a charge with, but they still required a list of what the charges were for (it was more than two fares).

I was, however, very patient and courteous when dealing with the issue. Some reps were extremely rude, others very helpful and nice. The management who worked with me were not efficient, but they did eventually get the problem solved.

I don't think it's your right to say the OP was miserable and hard to deal with. What is typed here on the boards is not professional in nature and usually when one deals a corporation, professionalism should be met at both ends. And to be honest, I was extremely frustrated that a good chunk of money was charged to my CC last year. They knew of my frustration, but I was not taking it out on them. I, too, turned to the boards for help and my thread got heated, then closed because people were telling me that I am the type of person who will complain about everything when in reality, I'm very easy to please. :D

All arguments aside, try to understand the OPs frustration and put yourself in their place. It's not a fun place to be.

Archived