No More Latitude's Pins?

Heppy Cruzin

Was dissapointed not to receive a Ship pin on our recent Alaska cruise on the Sun. This was our fourth cruise on NCL and looked forward to another pin. Asked at the Latitudes party what was up? Was informed the pins were being redesigned and would be mailed out. Well 2 months later no sign of any. Called up and spoke to a Latitudes customer rep. and was told none would be sent and they were being discontinued.

I know they are just a two-bit item but just seems like another NCL cut back to me!

Wonder if any fellow members experienced the same thing?

Thnx.....Heppy Cruzin!

Was dissapointed not to receive a Ship pin on our recent Alaska cruise on the Sun. This was our fourth cruise on NCL and looked forward to another pin. Asked at the Latitudes party what was up? Was informed the pins were being redesigned and would be mailed out. Well 2 months later no sign of any. Called up and spoke to a Latitudes customer rep. and was told none would be sent and they were being discontinued.

I know they are just a two-bit item but just seems like another NCL cut back to me!

Thnx.....Heppy Cruzin!

I am pretty sure the new pins (there WERE redesigned) are not yet in the pipeline, but I do not think they are being discontinued. I guess we will all see in the coming months.

As for being a cut-back, I'm sure that would save about a whopping $1000 a year per ship... hardly worth the effort to eliminate.

Thnx.....Heppy Cruzin!

We got two on the dawn a few weeks ago I have no interest in them at all youre welcome to them. They should give out coffee mugs or a hat something useful:)

My GF and I got off the Spirit this Sunday 08/12 and got our Latitudes pins from Robert who was a cruise consultant to book future cruises. Nothing at any meet and greet. I do not know if they are new or not but they are mounted on cardboard with the new logo, the ocean blue color.

The GF wanted to wear it but there was only 8 CC members on the cruise at least this is what all of use could find

personally I like the pins. They can be traded as many people do who have more than one. You know this is in the no good deed goes unpunished variety as many people will say the same thing about hats(cheap hat) or coffee mugs(something else to lug home or break) if they gave them out.

We got two on the dawn a few weeks ago I have no interest in them at all youre welcome to them. They should give out coffee mugs or a hat something useful:)

nyflush

I'd like 1 ! I'll pay postage or whatever. Email is kirdo@aol.com Thanks:)

Jim

personally I like the pins. They can be traded as many people do who have more than one. You know this is in the no good deed goes unpunished variety as many people will say the same thing about hats(cheap hat) or coffee mugs(something else to lug home or break) if they gave them out.

Hi Smeyer,

I can see people trading NCL pins I guess and its nice that you enjoy them but IMO I would go for the hat even the as you say a cheap one its usable as is a Mug, then again I collect Hallmark ornaments and my DH at this point hates them:)

We did not get pins on our last cruise which was on the Spirit. When I asked the Latitudes rep on board about the pins, he said that the new pins had not yet arrived and that they ran out of the old ones. He told me that the Latitudes office will send them to us in the mail.

After a short while after returning home, no pins had arrived. I called the Latitudes office to inquire and they mailed out 2 pins that day.

We got them on the Dawn over Christmas last year and hope that they have them in February for our sailing on the new GEM. We have met people onboard who have sailed on the Norway and they certainly loved their pins.

Hi: We were also on the Sun to Alaska (June 10-17/07) and didn't receive our lattitude pins. They told us that they were being redesigned and that they would mail them to us. But as you say that was 2 mon. ago. We really want a pin if we can get it as this is the 2nd. time on the Sun. The first time was our first Cruise so we didn't get one then. We have a pin from the Jewel & Pearl & are planning to go on the Jade in Feb. 08. We like collecting them with our other Cruise suvaneers.

Archived