Galley Tour & Savor Luncheon on Explorer 8-11-07

Carol,

Looks like you had a fun cruise on Explorer. Thanks for the great pic's and the info on the galley/luncheon. We took a galley tour on CCL Triumph, and they provided us with a great experience. But the idea of the luncheon is excellent! RCCL should make this available on all ships that have a day at sea, which is most of them. We have cruises on Empress and Jewel coming up soon. RCCL, are you listening? This is a wonderful idea and you can make $$$ from it. As a fan and shareholder, we say, Get Out There, go for it!

Rick and Deirdra

Tusi told me that it was *his* idea, and he had to clear the idea through corporate. It is unique to the Explorer.

The price was broken down on my bill: $28 for one, and $27 for the other, but I don't remember which was the lunch and which was the cookbook. Maybe it was really $27 for each and a dollar for the galley tour. :D

The cookbook is the *real* one that you can buy on any RC ship.

We signed up at Portofino. The advertising in the Cruise Compass and on separate flyers gave the Portofino phone extension for making reservations.

We were not given a choice of turning down the *extra* cookbooks, nor offered an alternative or substitute.

Don't feel bad. It wasn't being offered then. Sail again on Explorer and try it then!

As for extra books...........can you say "ebay"????? ;)

the extra book would makea nice x-mas gift as well

Carol,

I just wanted to add my thanks to you for posting about this. This is the first I have heard about this wonderful idea, and now, many more fellow cruisers are aware.

I do hope that RCI expands on Tusi's brainstorm!

Leslie

• 2 months later...

I thought I read previously the galley tour was only for members. Has that changed? If a husband and wife go do they give a discount since you don't need two cookbooks. We are going on explorer 4-11-08. Do you have to make reservations in advance, before going on the cruise or once on the ship. Thanks. Pictures were great.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought I read previously the galley tour was only for members. Has that changed? If a husband and wife go do they give a discount since you don't need two cookbooks. We are going on explorer 4-11-08. Do you have to make reservations in advance, before going on the cruise or once on the ship. Thanks. Pictures were great.

As I explained in the beginning, the galley tour was part of the Savor Luncheon, which was an extra-charge option on the Explorer. The requirement is money, not Crown & Anchor status. :D

As I also said, there was no alternative offered for each person to get the cookbook. We were three; I paid the same fee for each of us; there are now three cookbooks on my shelf.

Also as I stated, I made the reservations at Portofino, and there are advertisements in the Compass giving the Portofino telephone extension for making reservations.

Go. You will enjoy it.

Archived