Pearl irons?

There are self-serve laundry facilities on the Pearl that I understand have irons available, but I didn't actually try them out myself. A while back, there was a thread with pictures of the laundry rooms and where they were located, but I don't remember the details. Here's a link to that previous thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=588269&highlight=laundry

We stayed on deck 5 on the Jewel, and I'm pretty sure I pointed the one on that deck out to my DH, but I sure don't remember the other deck locations. Sorry!

DO NOT IRON ON VACATION;)

I hear you loud and clear Cosmo...but it's going to be a long cruise, 15 nights. Upon further consideration, I will probably just send it "out" to be cleaned and pressed. Mmm...that term "sending it out" has such a different connotation when one is sailing the seas does it not?

But...thanks for bringing me back to reality...what was I thinking????

Ciao,

WAWW

Panama Canal here I come!

I hear you loud and clear Cosmo...but it's going to be a long cruise, 15 nights. Upon further consideration, I will probably just send it "out" to be cleaned and pressed. Mmm...that term "sending it out" has such a different connotation when one is sailing the seas does it not?

But...thanks for bringing me back to reality...what was I thinking????

Ciao,

WAWW

Panama Canal here I come!

LOL LOL....I never thought about where the "out" was:eek:

When my kids were home...I ironed EVERYTHING for them.

When they went off to college...they wore wrinkled clothes. EEEK!

My DD even told me that if they didn't get to do their laundry they turned their underwear inside-out! OMG! YUK!!!

When my son left for college, I sent him off w/30 pr., of boxers and 30 pr., of socks.

I'm sure this was too much information:D

Aaaah..15 nights...good for you. The longest we've been is 12 and it is heaven.

My MIL irons EVERYTHING -- still! I got a brand new iron for Christmas, and am somewhat ashamed to admit that it's still in the box. If it wrinkles easily, I don't buy it! Can you tell that I'm really out of place on the few times when I venture to the cruise fashions board :eek: ?

My MIL irons EVERYTHING -- still! I got a brand new iron for Christmas, and am somewhat ashamed to admit that it's still in the box. If it wrinkles easily, I don't buy it! Can you tell that I'm really out of place on the few times when I venture to the cruise fashions board :eek: ?

Do you notice anyone elses wrinkles? I don't... Well, maybe on their faces;)

My kids and DH know...don't give me a "house" item for Christmas. Give me jewelry, perfume, clothing, anything...NO household item!

Keep that iron in the box. You go girl:)

I have to admit, I'm an ironer:o . To the OP, I used the self-service laundry facilities on deck 9 (starboard) on the Pearl. There were 2 iron/iron board set-ups. Good quality irons and no charge.

Aloha, Logan

P.S. I iron jeans, too!:eek:

Here's what the ironing boards look like. DW is just touching up her top before dressing up. That's the last time she saw the room since I ended up doing the laundry part way through the cruise. :rolleyes:

2004412185538152419_rs.jpg

Pete

Guest BeckyThane
Whoever invented the iron should be SHOT:mad:

Whoever invented the notion that clothing should be ironed should be SHOT. :p

I'll admit ironing some clothes make them look better, but there's so much permanent press clothes in circulation, ironing is obsolete.

I've read somewhere that ironing clothes ruins them. Here's the link. http://www.jiffysteamer.com/steamIron/

Steamed semA.jpg Ironed semb.jpg

Yes, fibers in the cloth are broken into when you iron them.

Archived