Marina Hotel San Pedro

gayla59

[font=System][color=magenta]We have booked the Marina Hotel a precrise night in October. Does anyone know if this hotel is decent and are there any restaurants near by? We will be there most of the day, are there any fun things to do in the area?[/color][/font]

My husband and I are also staying at this spot on 10/22. Have the same qquestions as you. It shows as a 3*, and was previously a Hilton. Got it on Priceline for $55, so not a bad price. Hope it is nice (enough). Was wondering about restaurants as well

[font=System][size=3][color=darkorchid]So far Hard2Choose will be the first from this thread to stay. Please let us know what you think. For a review of the hotel you can check out biddingfortravel or tripadvisor. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=System][size=3][color=#9932cc]I am going to check out nearby restaurants when I finish here. Wouldn't want to be starving when we board that ship:D [/color][/size][/font]

Stayed there in 2001 when it was Hilton and this March as the Marina.
It's decent and safe. It has Park and Cruise, shuttles to and from the ports.
Goes to the San Pedro Port all the time, no sign up, just be there.
To Long Beach Port less often and have to sign up for it.

The rooms are nice not real big but fine. One or two beds (doubles)
Desk and chair, dresser, TV ect.
This year we got a ground floor room with patio looking at the pool, was nice.
Ate lunch out there.

Rooms on the other side overlook the water, the marina, those usually cost more but you can ask for one. I did but she said it cost more, she was real nice, on her own she changed our room from where it was and gave us the with patio by the pool, so my water view room! Everyone we came in contact with was very nice.

They have a place to eat there but we haven't used it.
First time had a reunion there the night before my cruise. The food came from there kitchen, was good,
This year friends drove us to a restaurant, not sure if it was San Pedro or Lonch Beach. Don't think any places from the hotel that you can walk too.
Don't know for sure thro.

I think you'll like the Hotel. They have a pool and a small gym. Can walk
around the marina, they also have a place to eat or have a drink sitting
outside in the warm sunshine..getting in some practice for your CRUISE to relax and enjoy!

Bon Voyage Everyone!

I don't know a lot about the hotel, having only been in the common areas, but those were quite nice.

There is a restaurant on 22d street called the 22d Street Landing, which is a nice seafood place. DH & I eat there about once a month. I don't know if the hotel has a shuttle, but I would favor that over walking from the hotel - it can be a little dicey at night, because the area itself is nice, but right next to some seedy areas. You could also take a cab to Ports O' Call. There are quite a few nice restaurants over there. The only two I've eaten at are Acapulco (a chain Mexican restaurant, OK food, not the best Mexican but tasty & filling) with a view of the channel, and Simon's a white-table cloth kind of place.

• 1 month later...
Wife and I will be staying at the Marina Hotel on 12/18 got the room on PL for 50.00 I really don't care what is around the hotel as we wont get into LAX till 5:30 and by the time we get to San Pedro it should be 7:00 pm Some one told me that the shuttel costs about $30.00 fot 2 people from LAX

• 3 weeks later...
I am still trying priceline for a hotel in San Pedro. My last bid was 51 for Jan 3, did not get accepted. I will keep trying a little more at a time. Wondering if there will be shuttles at the pier for the return trip to LAX, or if it would be better to try to guesstimate a time and reserve one.

I have stayed here twice before and have it reserved again for Nov/04 for my Diamond cruise. It is approximately 2 1/2 miles from the port on its own marina facing out to the ocean near a small park. The hotel is rated 3 stars and was the Hilton formerly. It is a nice hotel that provides two free shuttles to/from the port and complimentary service upon availability within a 5 mile radius.
The best restaurants around would be 22 nd Street Landing, Papidakas (sp) near 5th Street (EVERYONE in this area knows this famous Greek restaurant) or the Ports O' Call Restaurant in Ports O' Call Village on the water/marina with tables outside or along the windows with GREAT fews of the channel and port area.

Closest to the hotel is an aquarium and beach (Not the big famous one in Long Beach), The Friendship Bell overlooking the Pacific Ocean(Been here several times and have had no problems but the area appears to be "iffy"). Love the nautical Museum at the entrance to Ports O' Call. The ultra modern fire boathouse with an active duty 1920's fireboat housed inside (Across from Best Western Bayside Hotel). The WWII era Liberty Ship which you can board for viewing at the Catalina Terminal adjacent to the cruise port. The Red Cars (electric train trolleys) run Friday through Monday from 22nd Street to Ports O Call Village and to the port entrance and back.

You need to realize that San Pedro first and foremost has its roots from fishing. The area employs hardworking people for the docks and fishing. It is not a Disneyland type attraction is more simple in its nature.

Steve Hayes

[quote name='gayla59'][font=System][color=magenta]We have booked the Marina Hotel a precrise night in October. Does anyone know if this hotel is decent and are there any restaurants near by? We will be there most of the day, are there any fun things to do in the area?[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Archived