Probable Hurricane Dean

Carol RN

We are leaving this Saturday, 8/18 from NYC on the Dawn. I am assuming if Dean continues in it's current path we will end up with an entire new itinerary. Does anyone know where cruises leaving from NY divert to? Canada? I have no desire whatsoever to go to Canada!

We are leaving this Saturday, 8/18 from NYC on the Dawn. I am assuming if Dean continues in it's current path we will end up with an entire new itinerary. Does anyone know where cruises leaving from NY divert to? Canada? I have no desire whatsoever to go to Canada!

Don't worry you're not going to Canada.

Here's the path of Dean

You're going to the Great Stirrup Cay & Nassau in the Bahamas which is well north of Dean & then to Bermuida

Doesn't look good for Cozumel though.

Have a great cruise

083527W_sm.gif

If indeed Dean was headed in your direction, yes, you could be diverted, but that won't happen so there is nothing to be concerned about. As far as whether Dean even hits land is still very much a question that no one can answer. I am the eternal optimist, until the night before it is due to hit land I don't get concerned. For too many years I have watched storms, the ones that look bad often peter out, the ones that look like they will hit point A end up hitting point F. The media has to build up the story, there isn't much fun for them or us, if the say, guess what? That storm named Dean isn't anything.....

Nita

Even if you were heading to the Southern Caribbean, you have to realize that by Sunday the storm will have passed over and beyond that area.

I would not worry if I were you.

VERY interesting topic....having no experience with it-hoping the expert out there can advise...

I will be booking later today-for October Crown Bermuda---

WHat are options the consumer has if hurricane is imminent..ie if I have insurance-can I cancel right before..when does line decide a different itinerary-before or after boarding?? -where would they go?--with Bermuda-it is not like you can skip the port-it IS the port....

curious minds want to know... do they compensate you for anything???

TIA

j

My family will be on the same cruise as you are, I have been following Dean also and feel strongly we will be able to follow our itinerary as planned. Dean should be on it's way by the time we arrive in Nassau on Mon. afternoon. We can't wait to set sail!!!!! Have a great vacation!!! :p :p ;) :) Julie

JaJa, i had the same questions. What do they do if a hurricane is heading for Bermuda and that is our only port? If they have to leave early, when do you know? If they do leave early, where do you go? If they can't make if to Bermuda, is it just a 7 day cruise to nowhere? Alll these nervous questions....does any know of have any info that could help calm our nerves?:confused:

JaJa, i had the same questions. What do they do if a hurricane is heading for Bermuda and that is our only port? If they have to leave early, when do you know? If they do leave early, where do you go? If they can't make if to Bermuda, is it just a 7 day cruise to nowhere? Alll these nervous questions....does any know of have any info that could help calm our nerves?:confused:

Last year, or the year before, Royal Caribbean sent a ship to Canada instead of Bermuda. Needless to say, many passengers were extremely angry. I've seen NCL cut a stay short a day, or arrive a day late, at Bermuda, but NCL didn't go somewhere else. But they could have.

That's the disadvantage of taking your cruise during the Hurricane season, you take your chances.

My family will be on the same cruise as you are, I have been following Dean also and feel strongly we will be able to follow our itinerary as planned. Dean should be on it's way by the time we arrive in Nassau on Mon. afternoon. We can't wait to set sail!!!!! Have a great vacation!!! :p :p ;) :) Julie

We are also on the Dawn on 8-18. This is the 4th August in a row on an NCL cruise and we have been very fortunate.

I am hoping for the best. I also would not be dissapointed if we had to miss Nassau and stay in Bermuda (I guess that happened last year). The forcast looks like we will be fine.

More importantly, I do hope all that are in the path of this storm are safe and sound.

Archived