Is the aft adult pool "REALLY just for adults?

sheilb4

Is this true , does a seciurity person shoo away children that get in the pool? I was recently on a RCCL cruise which had adult only and it truly was, the best part of my trip was being able to relax in an area with no screaming kids and noise, and no fear of being dive bombed in the pool etc! LOL

I will be on the Legend in December so hope that it will indeed be kept just for adults?

It was enforced on the Pride and the Miracle when we sailed them. Keep in mind tho, the aft pool area is not totally off limits to children. They can be back there, just not in the pools or hot tubs. Of course, it will depend on the security on your ship and sailing as to whether or not it is enforced. We all know that these things can vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. There should be signs posted tho saying "adults only" so if there are kids in there you can try reporting it to security and see if they will do anything.

We had this discussion awhile back on another board.

i had just come off Glory and I saw no signage that indicated it was adult only nor did the caper state that. the aft hot tubs yes but very unclear on pool. Security was back there most of the day and I never saw them remove any kids from that pool. There were not alot of them but my 15yr old and I cooled off in there several times without any knowledge that it might be adults only. I guess if its that important...Ask someone.

On the Spirit-class ships, the aft pool and hot tub are marked "adults only." The rule was well enforced on our cruise on Legend last year. The aft pool on Destiny- and Conquest-class ships is NOT marked "adults only," but at least one of the aft hot tubs on those ships is marked "adults only." The aft pool on those ships is the one with the retractable dome, and if the weather is bad it may be the only open pool.

Just got off Victory yesterday. Aft HotTubs marked adult only were full of teens. No enforcement of rules while we were there.

We went to the hot tubs in the gym. They were much nicer than the ones on deck and they did enforce the rule. (Oldest son found out the hard way - he figured that since he was old enough to use the gym, he could use the hot tub as well. Wrong:o .)

Is the aft pool on the Liberty adults only? Or supposed to be adults only?

We sailed on 7/29 and the aft pool had kids in it, but what really was annoying was the people who were rinsing out their souvenir glasses and Corona bottles on the side of the pool

So Chris who will be our enforcer in October so we can have to aft pool all to ourselves?

Ricky and Lucy do a GREAT job of enforcing the adults only pool :D Just ask the woman that thought her kids were immune to the rules on the Fantasy in January :D LOL

It was enforced on the Legend (7-15/7-22), security would go over as soon as a kid stepped into the pool. It was marked adults only, but it did make some parents mad. They were also enforcing no drinks in the pool.

We got busted on the "no drinks in the pool" thing. We had them sitting on the bench next to the pool. Not allowed. We had to move them out of the "pool area".

This is one area where clear signage and consistant enforcement on all the Carnival ships would really be nice.

Carnival needs to understand that when people on vacation, their brains are on vacation as well. That is natural. The signage should be over the top.

Absolultely NOT! Just got off the Valor....everyone complained NOBODY did anything. All kids took over all pools Including the Adult one...it was the worst part of the cruise.

I just got off the Valor ( 8/5/2007) and the pools were over run with children. No one was telling them they couldn't use that area.

I just got off the legend last week. The first day, around 10 in the morning, 2 kids were splashing and carrying on in the adult pool and security was quick to get rid of them. The dad argued for 10 minutes before they all left in a huff. The rest of the week, I never saw a kid in the pool but they did keep enforcing the no drinks in the pool. There were some teenagers sitting around the pool area including my own but they were quiet and well behaved and no one said anything about it. It was very relaxing.

Archived