Is the aft adult pool "REALLY just for adults?

sheilb4

It's pretty simple to get security to enforce the "no kid in the adult pool" rule...

All you have to do when a kid comes in the pool is grab your drink and drink it in the middle of the pool... as blantantly as you can...

And when Security comes up to you and reminds you that no drinks are allowed in the pool... just thank them for the reminder and ask them to remove all kids from the pool and spa too... per rules... :D

It's pretty simple to get security to enforce the "no kid in the adult pool" rule...

All you have to do when a kid comes in the pool is grab your drink and drink it in the middle of the pool... as blantantly as you can...

And when Security comes up to you and reminds you that no drinks are allowed in the pool... just thank them for the reminder and ask them to remove all kids from the pool and spa too... per rules... :D

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

This is why from now on we will be sailing only when school and college are in session. It does not eliminate it completely....but it certainly helps the odds.

• 2 weeks later...

Best suggestion:

Dont go with the expectation of having an Adult Only pool

If it matters to you that you have an Adult Only pool....if it exists on your ship it will most likely be the aft pool.

Check your caper, look for the signs (I mean really look) and then ask the staff.

I think it is safe to say that on every board regarding this issue we have heard some ships have them some dont. And some like me....had no idea it even existed, nor do I really care as its not that big of a deal to me.

Like GoinCruisn...if I have a problem with kids or frankly adults, I have no problem asking them to leave or get security to take care of things.

We are all entitle to a nice vacation without enduring misbehavior from others. Good luck to future cruisers on your search for the Adult Only pool

On the Conquest last week security WAS enforcing no kids in the aft adult pool. I agree that the "Adult Only Pool" signs need to be bigger and more of them. On embarkation day my 2 kids swam in the main pool before we could get to our room. Then later in the day we were exploring the ship and happened on the aft pool, it looked like a great pool for the kids with the big ledge going all around and DH and I both said to each other, lets bring the kids here to swim in the morning. Then as we were having ice cream, I noticed security asking a family with kids to please leave.....and only then did I notice a small sign by the hot tubs.

The aft pool on Conquest is where the pizza is so there were always many families and kids around, just not in the pool.

On Valor 2 weeks ago the no children in pool signs were replaced with kids can swim with an adult present. I was not happy!!! I am wondering if it was because the ship was over run with kids. Maybe they have interchangable signs or Valor has changed the rules. Im going back to the Conquest where they strictly enforced the kids in the aft pool rule.

On Valor 2 weeks ago the no children in pool signs were replaced with kids can swim with an adult present. I was not happy!!! I am wondering if it was because the ship was over run with kids. Maybe they have interchangable signs or Valor has changed the rules. Im going back to the Conquest where they strictly enforced the kids in the aft pool rule.

I agree. I wouldn't have been happy either. I spent a good part of the day during the sea days, and latter part of port days at the aft pool on the Miracle. I enjoyed the adult atmosphere there much better than at the other pools. (The adult only was strictly enforced on my cruise)

Before I book my next cruise I will be finding out which ship have adult only pools, and enforce the rules. I am sure I will probably go on another Spirit class ship again even though I would like to see the larger ships, I just love that whole aft lido deck, and the wraparound outside promenade deck. (great for late night walks, and the view of the back of the ship from there is just priceless!!!)

Does anyone know if the Triumph has an adult only area? pool or hot tubs? going on this vacation without the kids so it would be nice to have some quiet while we are away. i'm not sure which class this ship is in.

I agree. I wouldn't have been happy either. I spent a good part of the day during the sea days, and latter part of port days at the aft pool on the Miracle. I enjoyed the adult atmosphere there much better than at the other pools. (The adult only was strictly enforced on my cruise)

Before I book my next cruise I will be finding out which ship have adult only pools, and enforce the rules. I am sure I will probably go on another Spirit class ship again even though I would like to see the larger ships, I just love that whole aft lido deck, and the wraparound outside promenade deck. (great for late night walks, and the view of the back of the ship from there is just priceless!!!)

Hey Mark. :D

Wasn't that aft adult pool the best. We spent all of our pool time there and would hang there around 6 in the evening to have a drink and just look out at the sea. Just wonderful!!!:D

The outside promenade was great also.

Hey Mark. :D

Wasn't that aft adult pool the best. We spent all of our pool time there and would hang there around 6 in the evening to have a drink and just look out at the sea. Just wonderful!!!:D

The outside promenade was great also.

Sounds like you used it pretty much the same way we did!!!

Look familiar?

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b32997074570&auto=0&idx=114&m=1&d=1188500069652

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/slideshow?a=67b0de21b32997074570&auto=0&idx=116&m=1&d=1188500554773

It is kinda sad to look back and see the Costa Maya pictures. It sure is hard to believe it is mostly gone now.:(

We didn't do that itinerary....we did the sailing out of NY to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola, but I certainly do feel very badly for those people.

I was just comparing Capers from July of 2006 posted at cruisedailies.com with some from December of 2006 posted at webshots. The ones from July say the aft pool is open 8:00am to midnight and is adults only. Capers from December say it is open 8:00 to midnight, but doesn't say it's an adult only pool. :mad:

I'd like to see what more recent versions are saying.

I was just comparing Capers from July of 2006 posted at cruisedailies.com with some from December of 2006 posted at webshots. The ones from July say the aft pool is open 8:00am to midnight and is adults only. Capers from December say it is open 8:00 to midnight, but doesn't say it's an adult only pool. :mad:

I'd like to see what more recent versions are saying.

Ok....I still have the capers from our June 4th sailing and it says that the Aft pool is indeed Adults Only.

That's good to know, but I forgot to mention I was specifically talking about Capers from the Conquest.

I just checked the Conquest Capers that machman sent me from March 2007. They don't mention the pool being adults only either. :mad:

That's good to know, but I forgot to mention I was specifically talking about Capers from the Conquest.

oops....sorry.:o I didn't realize that this thread wasn't just about the Miracle. See if anyone has the capers from a recent Conquest sailing.

oops....sorry.:o I didn't realize that this thread wasn't just about the Miracle. See if anyone has the capers from a recent Conquest sailing.

I think the OP was asking about the Legend, but other ships have been talked about since then. :)

Archived