Golden Princess Seattle missed the ship..

momthecruisedirector

My kids were over at Chelan for their vacation....they loved it. Friends started calling around yesterday looking for somewhere to go and are going to Soap Lake (???).....I think a good percentage of the west side would love to move in with you for a while!!!

I have a feeling winter might be tough - not just weary - should have ordered oil for the heater before the hurricanes hit!!

Right now I am looking out the window at a dark gray sky....so fall like that I made chicken soup and dumplings for dinner today, certainly a November meal!

Yah, we've had the weirdest weather here for August. We were in Leavenworth on Sunday and leaves are changing colors! I've seen some here too but my hubby just tells me that it's lack of water. lol

I've only lived here since April, but this is a funny place....looks like desert but gets some of that coastal cloud thing too and feels coastal at times.

Soap lake is a funny place..not much there and about a month ago i saw it for the first time...people out rubbing the black soil/sand stuff all over them....CREEPY!!!

Lake Chelan is nice, we go once in a while...visit the blueberry farm and a little winery that we like.

Have noticed the strange weather for the Wenatchee/Eastern Washington area also. Just a cooler than normal month with more rain than I like to see. So many people in our area love to go to Chelan for their summer vacation!:confused: Never has interested me at all though. Don't want to go on vacation and see the same people I see here. Leavenworth is a fun little place isn't it? Some of the leaves here are starting to change also and it is beginning to feel like fall to me.

For those coming to Seattle this weekend, the forecast is rain as of now. Not fun to look forward to. Hopefully it will warm up a bit for September. Have too many green tomatoes that need to ripen.

Susan

As other posters recommended - fly in the day before. I would NEVER fly on the day of sailing. It's just not worth the stress.

We also arrive at the port between 11 AM and noon so that helps too!

I feel terrible for those folks that "missed the boat". :(

This is very normal and is almost expected. I saw the very same thing happen as we pulled away on the Grand Princess from the Venice dock.

We saw this, too, on our first Mediterranean cruise but the taxi was a water taxi! The ship was only about 5 feet from the dock. Sadly, the water taxi driver was pulled over by a police boat as he was leaving and we assume was given a speeding ticket. Everyone on the ship was booing.

Would you believe there was one time when I kinda hoped we would miss the boat??? It was our Hawaiian cruise, round trip from Los Angeles. I had this dream that maybe we'd miss embarcation and then they would have to fly us to Hawaii and we could spend four days there. We aren't really "sea days" people, you see.

I have an older friend who has a middle aged daughter who had breast cancer. My friend's son, who has done very well in life, wanted to take the extended family on a cruise. The daughter arranged her therapy to make that happen and went through lots of struggles to be able to cruise with her Mom and siblings (as well as the rest of the family).

Long story short, my friend flew into Seattle a day early at my recommendation. Her daughter did not, got flight delays, could not recover from them and missed the ship. She ended up going home, as the cruise line would not let her board from another port. Everyone else, after many tears as the day unfolded, got on the ship and left her behind. I think my friend cried the entire trip because they thought it might be the last as a family.

Good news is, my friend's daughter did get to go on another cruise at a later time, just not with family. Great news is, the cancer is now in remission, for the second time!!!!

Fly in a day early!

Yah, I went out at ten this morning to get mail for work and it's cold outside like 65. It shoud still be bloody hot. This is like late Sept weather at best.

DH wants to move to Florida...might take him up on that. I dislike winter more every year!

Love Leavenworth...it's only a 20 min drive for us so we run up for lunch or early dinner at Gustav's a lot. My girls are off to camp, etc this week so we got to just have a leisurely day wandering the shops and doing some wine tasting.

We have to go to Seattle but probably won't make it til third wkend in Sept. Thanks for the weather update.

Archived