Birth Certificates for ecstasy

Flipflop77

only need a marraige certificate if your documents are in your married name and your DL is in your maiden name.

If documents and DL have the same name- no marriage license is needed

only need a marraige certificate if your documents are in your married name and your DL is in your maiden name.

If documents and DL have the same name- no marriage license is needed

i called a carnival vacation planner and he informed me you need a marriage license if you your birth certificate does not match your drivers license. I even said "but I am cruising with my husband who has the same name" and was still told to bring the marriage license.

i called a carnival vacation planner and he informed me you need a marriage license if you your birth certificate does not match your drivers license. I even said "but I am cruising with my husband who has the same name" and was still told to bring the marriage license.
7 cruises and I haven't been asked yet. Take it if you want - but to me it's just one more thing to have to worry about losing.

Oh, I never thought of that. It took me forever to get a copy of my birth certificate. I leave in 13 days I don't even think I could get a copy of our marriage lic at this point. I have no idea where our orig one is.

I am leaving Saturday on Ecstasy and I have this weird feeling I am forgetting something. I need reassurance. All we need is certified copies of birth certificates and Drivers License, right??

I'll be on that cruise too! Did you go to the roll call?? We are going to try to meet sometime during the first sea day! As for documents, I have a passport, and for my 18 yo son we have a certified copy of his BC and he has his driver's license. Let your cc company know where you will be so they don't freeze you out! Bring some memory for your camera, some suntan lotion, and you should be good to go!! :D

You should be able to get a copy of your marriage certificate quickly. Just call the county courthouse where you got the license and how to get a copy ASAP.

I had to get one for another reason and wound up calling a courier service nearby that sent someone in person to get the certificate, pay the fee and then fed exd it to me and billed it all to my credit card.

The fedex charge, the courier fee, plus the certified copy charge cost me around $50 all together.

Some counties use online services to get the copies and have quick delivery options for around the same price.

Better yet, if you got married in your home town and have relatives there, they can go get the copy and mail it to you. You have almost two weeks......

Don't need the marriage license, I especially would not pay $$ to get one in a rush...Carnival's own policy says the DL is sufficient proof of the name change

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) OR a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

BRING THE MARRIAGE LICENSE.

It's not just for checking in.....you're going to a foriegn country....remember ????? You may need to fly home from there..one never knows. And to fly back in to the US you need a passport. So the more id you can provide, the better.

Carnival's own policy says the DL is sufficient proof of the name change.

NOT if the names don't match !

"Susan Anne Smith" on birth certificate.

"Susan Farmer" on driver's license.

Names don't match. Passenger will need some kind of additional id with the middle name, or at least the middle initial (i.e. Susan A. Farmer).

Just FYI....Carnival tells their passengers alot of things that aren't correct, but that would be another thread.

NOT if the names don't match !

"Susan Anne Smith" on birth certificate.

"Susan Farmer" on driver's license.

Names don't match. Passenger will need some kind of additional id with the middle name, or at least the middle initial (i.e. Susan A. Farmer).

Just FYI....Carnival tells their passengers alot of things that aren't correct, but that would be another thread.

the names on the documents MUST be the same as the drivers license.

Of course females who marry and change their name MUST show a marriage license in order to get the name changed on their drivers license.

So if your drivers license is in the married name and the documents are in the married name-- no marriage license is needed

I ordered mine for a whopping 7 bucks and received the certified copy the next day in the mail. I will take it because it is a foreign country and the PVP sounded like I really needed it. They may not ask, but I would rather be safe than sorry. I am the person that always gets searched at the airport so I'd better be prepared! :cool: I hope everything goes well on your cruise!

I am leaving Saturday on Ecstasy and I have this weird feeling I am forgetting something. I need reassurance. All we need is certified copies of birth certificates and Drivers License, right??

Make sure these are the official copies with the raised seals on the birth certificates.

Someone brought the wrong copies of birth certificates on their cruise they posted on the RCI board and were denied boarding and were upset with RCI.

To use the words must or have to or required to me is a little over the top. Yes - Carnivals website stated marriage license is needed (license is issued to get married - you are issued a certificate once you get married). Per Carnivals website.....

Guest names on travel documents (passport, Alien Resident Card, birth certificate, etc.) must be identical to those on the cruise and airline tickets. Otherwise, proof of name change (e.g., a marriage license) OR a valid driver's license (or other government-issued photo ID) must be presented.

If you are getting married on the ship or just got married and have the reservation in your married name then you would bring the license to show that your name will be xxx after the ceremony. Since MOST women change their last name when they marry of course the drivers license isn't going to match - unless they married someone with the same last name. Once you are married you get a certificate and you change your name on your drivers license to match your certificate. You can't change a drivers license without a certificate - that is the check - Carnival doesn't need to confirm that again.

As I said prior - I have gone on 7 cruise - 6 with Carnival and have never been asked for my marriage certificate (Disclaimer: last 2 had a passport). One time I went without hubby (with birth certificate).

To put people in a panic by saying they MUST have it when in reality only few are asked (and there was probably a reason). I have a friend who's name is Diane Shirley - but she goes by Shirley. If she made her plans under Shirley then they MIGHT question her. As long as the first and middle name matches and the birth date there is a SLIM chance someone might ask.

I used the words MOST and SLIM because although this has been my case I would not assume anything as 100% - that is why I say - if you have it, take it - but if you don't then don't sweat it. Can you image how many people they would have to turn away for not having a marriage certificate?

MAYBE things have changed but I think if you started a poll and asked for only married women who have traveled in the 6 months with only a birth certificate to respond - and asked them how many were asked for their marriage certificate (not how many just handed it over without being asked - but were actually asked for it) you would find that it doesn't happen very often.

Once you see how much you love cruising spring for the passport. Then you won't have to worry about it.

Does anyone have a web site with the quickest way to get a certified copy of a birth certificate? I leave in 5 weeks and I am missing one certified copy. Thank you soooo much! Mnclbc

Simply go to the County you were married in's website it should provide you some links to the Clerks office....

you could even Google it like this:

Sutton County NY Clerks office

Just insert your countys name

john

Does anyone have a web site with the quickest way to get a certified copy of a birth certificate? I leave in 5 weeks and I am missing one certified copy. Thank you soooo much! Mnclbc

Try this:

www.vitalchek.com I went to the state site to get my DH's BC and they sent me to this site anyway. Got the BC in 3 days! (ordered it late Saturday night and had it on Tuesday morning!)

I do bring our marriage certificate with me - just in case... I was asked to show it before boarding a flight to Cozumel 6 years ago and have always offered it to the personnel before boarding cruises. Some want it, some don't. So I always bring it. :)

I've been on 7 Carnival cruises and have never been asked for my marriage license. My birth certificate and drivers license do NOT have the same last name, but it's never been an issue. They've never even mentioned it. Even when I travelled without my husband on two cruises, they didn't ask for it.

I got married one month ago today and my husband and I are leaving for our honeymoon cruise (first cruise for both of us) on Saturday (Triumph). Because we've been married for a month now, I've been able to officially change my name on everything except the passport (of course) and my travel docs are also in my maiden name. I have my new driver's license.

SO! I'm taking everything with me, because as someone up the line mentioned, I'd rather have too much than not enough, and a slip of paper weighs next to nothing. I'm taking my docs, passport, marriage certificate and driver's license. All of that should be adequate, although I might decide to take my birth certificate, too, just in case.

Likely as not, they won't ask for all of that extra stuff, but just in case they do, I'd rather have it with me than have to deal with the headache of not having what I/they need! :)

Thanks for the 411! I guess I need to start researching what to take on my first cruise. I think I will be reading this site a lot and get tips from experienced cruisers such as yourself. First, I need to get my birth certificate. Thanks sooo much!!

Archived