Royal Family Suite - Voyager Class

I am booked for 9394, Mariner of the Seas. We booked the a Royal Family Suite because we have 3 little ones. I would love it if you can comment on the following:

1. Just found out that there's this "super-structure" which seems to really obstruct the view. Is that the case? If you stayed in a room like this, did you find the "super-structure" to be a big annoyance?

2. Based on the deck plans, the aft cabins are really far away from the elevators. Is the nearest elevators where the "hump" is?

3. If "yes" to #2, where is the nearest set of stairs.

Thanks for sharing your insight. Any comment to the above or more would be appreciated.

I am booked for 9394, Mariner of the Seas. We booked the a Royal Family Suite because we have 3 little ones. I would love it if you can comment on the following:

1. Just found out that there's this "super-structure" which seems to really obstruct the view. Is that the case? If you stayed in a room like this, did you find the "super-structure" to be a big annoyance?

2. Based on the deck plans, the aft cabins are really far away from the elevators. Is the nearest elevators where the "hump" is?

Thanks for sharing your insight. Any comment to the above or more would be appreciated.

The aft cabins ARE a hike. Part of the tradeoff. There are no passenger stairs before the rear elevators so you will work off the excess food you chow down.

Ther will be cabins below your RFS so don't play the piano and have dance contests at 3 in the morning:D . Not kidding, there is a guy who just posted about this.

Here is my rear shot of the Explorer, similar to the Mariner. Check out the supports.

2852709840096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

For having an immediate response and a great photo to boot!

So, Wow! I guess there really is no stair/elevator unless I walk my double-entree butt all the way to the "hump" area, strollers and all, huh?

I'm wondering, do people get bothered by the "super structure" or do you kind of get used to looked beyond it?

I love aft cabins on the Voyager class, and the structure does not bother me even the teensy-tiniest little bit. For others, they are shocked and devastated.

Yes,

Same place.

As Big Booper noted, it's great justification for all of that cruise chow you will ingest during the week.

It's really not *that* far. I am a great one for forgetting things and having to run back. The distance never bothered me at all. Sometimes I wanted to use the forward stairs or elevator because of my destination. That even longer walk didn't bother me, either.

Enjoy your magnificent suite with two bathrooms! :)

Just returned this summer having had RFS deck 9 I can tell you it is so worth the walk and that will be the least of you walking this ship is beautiful and large if you want to get some where you have to walk no other way. my guys are older but def bring the stroller is you have little ones... Have a great time...Polarismom of 4

We stayed in 9694 on the Mariner in March. I could not imagine toting little ones, and all of their stuff from the elevator to the back of the ship.

It was bad enough for 7 adults. Especially after being in the heat all day at port. By the end of the week I hope you are not exhausted.

As far as the balcony it was nice and the structure did not bother us, but you can see other people on their balcony. You can also hear their conversation.

I personally prefer the view from a side room. To me the view was limited, you could not really see off to the side. Have fun and good luck.

I love aft cabins on the Voyager class, and the structure does not bother me even the teensy-tiniest little bit. For others, they are shocked and devastated.

I was pretty suprised to see the structure when I saw photos of the RFS balcony, so I can imagine if I didn't find out until I stepped out on the balcony expecting this grand unobstructed view, that I'd be pretty bummed.

I wonder why Voyager and Freedom class ships have these super-structures. I sure hope it serves a structural purpose but it actually seems like it doesn't, and that it was put there for asthetics when looking at the ship from afar.

I think I'm fine w/ the walk but again I'm surprised there isn't a third set of elevators in the back third or fourth of the ship.

The aft cabins ARE a hike. Part of the tradeoff. There are no passenger stairs before the rear elevators so you will work off the excess food you chow down.

Ther will be cabins below your RFS so don't play the piano and have dance contests at 3 in the morning:D . Not kidding, there is a guy who just posted about this.

Here is my rear shot of the Explorer, similar to the Mariner. Check out the supports.

The piano is in the RS, not the RFS.:)

we stayed on deck 8 in a rfs on adventure. It is a hike but well worth it, and I was pushing my husband in a wheel chair because his scooter broke the second day out. I thought the metal structure would bother me but it really didn't. The balcony is so big you get great views. I think you'll love the room with three little ones. You have a bath tub with lots of room and the bunk beds so you won't have to make up the sofa bed. Have a great cruise.

There is no piano in the Royal Family Suite. The only rooms that have pianos in the RCCL fleet are the Royal Suites, of which there is only one on each ship. The poster than complained was below the RS, not the RFS.

Archived