Best time to book ?????

NJLVW

Does anyone know when the best time to book a hotel in Miami? We are doing a pre-cruise in March. Want to stay near Bayside market. I think we have it narrowed down to either the Intercontinental or Hyatt. If I book now they are very pricey. Preference was Intercontinental just can't justify $429. for 1 nite pre cruise. Hyatt $287. Either one seems to be in ok location. The pictures look good on their sites. Unless someone has a better suggestion???? I am also afraid if I wait they may not have any available rooms..

Thanx in advance for any help you can offer....

The price will not change on a hotel....If you want to stay there, I would book it now. Your credit card usually is not charged until you check out...chances are if you wait, there will not be any rooms. Check the cxl policy../usually they are 72 hours in advance.

Does anyone know when the best time to book a hotel in Miami? We are doing a pre-cruise in March. Want to stay near Bayside market. I think we have it narrowed down to either the Intercontinental or Hyatt. If I book now they are very pricey. Preference was Intercontinental just can't justify $429. for 1 nite pre cruise. Hyatt $287. Either one seems to be in ok location. The pictures look good on their sites. Unless someone has a better suggestion???? I am also afraid if I wait they may not have any available rooms..

Thanx in advance for any help you can offer....

You are booking peak season and hotels will sell out.

Book a cancelable backup and then start shopping.

Personally, I'd rather not stay downtown.

When you're talking March hotel in Miami, FLL or vicinity you are talking peak season.

I agree with other poster that it would be wise to book a hotel no with a no cancellation fee condition and then do some investigative research into other hotels that might serve your needs and pocket book better.

Dianne

The price will not change on a hotel....If you want to stay there, I would book it now. Your credit card usually is not charged until you check out...chances are if you wait, there will not be any rooms. Check the cxl policy../usually they are 72 hours in advance.

Yes it does. We booked in December for our stay next month (Sept. 1) and the price has gone up $30 more since we booked.

The earlier you book, the better your price might be. If the price should go down for any reason as the booking time gets closer, just cancel and rebook at the lower price. You aren't paying for the room now, so as long as you cancel before the penalty would be applied (usually 24 hours before) you will be fine.

You could even book through the hotel now and then later on try and get a hotel in that area through Priceline - if you get a hotel through Priceline, just cancel the first reservation you made.

Rates are based on the time of year and what happens to be going on in Miami during the time you want to stay. Are you crusing during Easter vacation time? That may be your issue with prices being so high.

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Willysgrandma, we are going March 1st. I do not believe that is Easter. When I checked with I C they basiclly told me that if I book the hotel and the prices come down they will only adjust my pricing if there are additional rooms. Not sure how correct that is. Although if they do not charge my card until I am there then I suppose it is wise to book now. OK my other delema which hotel?? Are there others I am missing that are just as nice same area???

Thank you

Norma

Thanx for all the responses. I found the gal I spoke to at Hyatt to be so pleasant vs IC. She did explain the cancelation policy to me. Especially where I was booking so far in advance. We do not leave until March 1st..No charge if cancel before I think 48hrs. not sure. Anyway, I have nothing to loose so I booked the Hyatt. Customer service is very important to me. Location well it says 5 blocks ( 1 mile ) to bayside market. I will need the exercise and there seems to be this metromover...whatever that is???? Plus, this hotel undergoing renovations so we might have new bedding!!!!! It's 1 night and if something better comes up we can always change..If anyone has stayed at the Hyatt can you comment please???

Thank you

Norma

Archived