Voyager info requested. First cruise on this ship

dixie54

We have just book a Promenade room on the March 2 cruise out of Galveston. This is our second cruise. The first was last March on the Rhapsody.

We are excited and would love any info, favorite things to do, best kept secrets, info on promenade rooms, pictures of the ship, best food to order, fun things not to miss, reviews etc.

Thanks for any info! Can't wait!

firefly, I didn't book the room you wanted! Hope it is there for you. What kind of benfits do you get booking onboard? Do we get any benfits if this is our second cruise on Rccl? should I let them know or do they keep up with that stuff?

Below I've posted the link into our Webshots album from Voyager. You'll find pics from the ship and possibly from a port stop or two for your trip. We enjoy the Promenade and the Solarium. The ice show was great. Walk up to the helipad (4th deck?) for a great view from the front tip of the ship. Be sure to look in the peek-a-boo bridge. It'll be a different sort of experience compared to the Rhapsody. I agree, though, that the RCI standard of service is pretty consistent from small to large ships. Have a great time.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/556417115oseyQO?start=0

firefly, I didn't book the room you wanted! Hope it is there for you. What kind of benfits do you get booking onboard? Do we get any benfits if this is our second cruise on Rccl? should I let them know or do they keep up with that stuff?

You get $200 OBC for more than 12 day cruises, $100 for a 7 day cruises.

Im crossing my fingers that I can still get a good cabin in late September and that RCI wouldnt raise the prices by then. What do you think??? I know you booked, and everyone else seems to be looking at this date. Its also a promowave date so they must be getting lots of bookings...hope Im not gambling too much by waiting to book onboard.

PS its the same no matter which cruise you are on, so you dont have to keep up. You should also get the coupon book and a gift, but booking onboard will be the same OBC. Thats why Im waiting....maybe Im not going to get the same price? Thats the gamble.

We have just book a Promenade room on the March 2 cruise out of Galveston. This is our second cruise. The first was last March on the Rhapsody.

We are excited and would love any info, favorite things to do, best kept secrets, info on promenade rooms, pictures of the ship, best food to order, fun things not to miss, reviews etc.

Thanks for any info! Can't wait!

I will do my first cruise on Voyager next April, and I cant wait!! Be sure and look for the cruise shows on the travel channel because they do have a few shows about VOS, and even though some of these shows I have seen 10 times, knowing i will be on that ship makes them more interesting! I even watched a show one time about the making of VOS!!:D :eek:

Do you know when the show will be on the travel channel again? I would love to watch it!!

I have NO idea when they will be on again! I have directv and i just do a search once in a while and sometimes they will come up. There are other cruise shows on sometimes too, some of them are old but still fun to watch to get in the cruising mood!!:)

Watch the previews on the travel channel for a show on the Voyager. That way you will see the whole ship. You can not miss the ice skating show.

Don't worry about noise in the promenade room. We had to turn on the tv to hear the parade going on right outside the cabin.

Please take note do not jump up & down on the bed naked before making sure the curtains are closed.;)

You get $200 OBC for more than 12 day cruises, $100 for a 7 day cruises.

Im crossing my fingers that I can still get a good cabin in late September and that RCI wouldnt raise the prices by then. What do you think??? I know you booked, and everyone else seems to be looking at this date. Its also a promowave date so they must be getting lots of bookings...hope Im not gambling too much by waiting to book onboard.

PS its the same no matter which cruise you are on, so you dont have to keep up. You should also get the coupon book and a gift, but booking onboard will be the same OBC. Thats why Im waiting....maybe Im not going to get the same price? Thats the gamble.

Book it now and if you can't beat the deal onboard in Sept keep what you got . If you get something better then cancel the first booking :D:D

Which location on the promenade so you like? Near the elevators or more mid promenade. Right now we are 3 doors fromt the aft elevator and over the champagne bar. Near the centrum. I am just wondering if this is a good location?

Archived