Fish

There's Alaska Halibut, broiled I think. Chops has a big fat Tuna Steak waiting for ya and will probably cook it anyway you want. I think there's Grouper one night too. Those are the only fish I can remember. Sorry, I'm more of a steak and lobster guy.;)

I ask becasue farmed fish is disgusting plus it aids at killing the wild fish, ex. salmon.

Propeller chopped fish, well you could get a multitude of different fish, maybe even a whale.

....Salmon.......I thought they killed themselves......;)

Not all farmed fish is "bad." If you check Seafood Watch or Ocean's Alive (we use both), you'll note that both have certain "best" and "good" choices which are farmed. There are ways to farm specific species in ways which are healthful to the planet, the fish, and the people who eat them.

beachchick

I watched a show on farmed seafood and it really wasn't nice. I don't buy the farmed stuff anymore. I love shrimp and if you read the package, most comes from China. I haven't purchased any since the new restrictions were in place but it's truly gross to watch the methods used in most farm raising of fish. Most frum what I have seen is out of the country. It does harm the fish in the wild as some have said. I think this was a good question and wish I knew the correct answer since I am a big seafood eater. I've also watched how sealegs are made and don't touch that either. If anyone knows the answer or where to get it please let us know. Thanks!!

While on our 8/12/07 Mariner cruise when docked at Grand Caymen, there was someone fishing from the back of the ship. They actually caught a fish and brought it onboard. My wife teased that it was probably dinner. I imagine is was a crew member enjoying his/her day.

Bill

While on our 8/12/07 Mariner cruise when docked at Grand Caymen, there was someone fishing from the back of the ship. They actually caught a fish and brought it onboard. My wife teased that it was probably dinner. I imagine is was a crew member enjoying his/her day.

Bill

On our Alaska cruise there was a fishing excursion and if you caught you could bring the fish back to be prepared.

the salmon on the everyday menu could be either. Farmed would be my guess since it's cheaper than wild, but the flavor was much better than the usual Atlantic farmed salmon. Maybe it was just because I was on vacation that everything tasted better? (oh wait, not the impenetrable lamb chop) Perhaps they sprinkle on some additional salmon flavoring :eek:

I am enjoying the answers, however the fish in question would be salmon. I imagine wild salmon would be too cost prohibitive, so it is probably farmed, as is most you get in the grocery stores.

I am surprised they let you bring fish back to the ship on those Alaskan excursions, normally they say you can't.

When they serve fish in the restaurants, is it farmed fish or is it wild fish.
I ASSUME that most of it is farmed. I know from multiple sources [which actually agreed;)] that all the salmon on RCI's sister line Celebrity [including in the specialty restuarant] is farm raised EXCEPT for the sushi salmon which is wild.

Archived