Cruise Review- M/S Celebration 8/16

partygirl43

Hello All,

First off I want to say that these boards we're invaluable help when planning this, our first cruise.

All in all we were pretty satisified with the Celebration---she was kept in good repair, common areas were clean. Sure the 'theme' decor of the ship was dated, esp. in the Wheelhouse dining area, but it wasn't of a great distraction to the trip. The crew, esp. our room steward was helpful and friendly. The dining room staff was wonderful and it was amazing to watch them feed sooo many people quickly and efficently. Thanks to these boards for letting us know what to get ahead of time---Yes the Chocolate melting cake id toooo die for!!!!! I found the food in the dining rooms to be of very good quality. The only place I didn't really care for was the Wheelhouse Dining room on the lido deck. Most of the time it was dirty with messy dishes, sticky floors. It was apparent this is where most of the 'Pro' eaters spent their time. It was kinda gross so we avoided it, and only had lunch there one day. We ordered room service on evening and it was great.

As for the entertainment I liked the CD Lenny Holliday and his assistant 'Sexy' Craig. We saw the opening night show and comedy act and another comedian the final evening. My only complaint was that most of the music in the dance clubs was far too 'urban'/hip-hop for me---I would have like to hear more dance music like new Madonna ect....but it just wasn't happening.

All and all it was fun and we had a nice time, but I think I might choose a different line or ship for another cruise. My hubby and I are beach resort people and dispite going to Freeport and Nassau it wasn't a very 'beachy' trip.

So if you have any questions....I'm still online and doing laundry!!!!!

PartyGirl 43

We'll be on the Celebration in November, looking forward to trying out an older, smaller ship. What type of cabin did you have? Also how was the deck area around the pool, was it really crowded? Thanks:)

Partygirl43

Did you use the laundry facilities and if so, is there a laundry room on each deck? We are sailing on 10/6.

Thanks, Jan

Jan--I did not use the facilities---but I did notice a laundry room on our deck Main.

We'll be on the Celebration in November, looking forward to trying out an older, smaller ship. What type of cabin did you have? Also how was the deck area around the pool, was it really crowded? Thanks:)

We were on the main deck (I beleive our cabin class was a 6B?) in an outside cabin with a large window. I was comfertable, and way more spacious than I thought it would be.

The pool with the slide tended to be a little more busy, and we spent most of our time on the aft deck pool---had no problem getting chairs on our day at sea---and there seemed to be pretty consistant 'turnover' with the crowd--so it wasn't packed or anything.

Archived