Bringing my 2 lovely kids on my cruise

Payd

I'm still thinking about at least taking my beloved daughter with us...because she shares her love of ships(why did i have to tell her about my cruise!)

Should i leave her at home:confused: ?

Payd:)

I'm still thinking about at least taking my beloved daughter with us...because she shares her love of ships(why did i have to tell her about my cruise!)

Should i leave her at home:confused: ?

Payd:)

Take them. My kids love to go. It's all they talk about for months before and after.

We took our 13 year old daughter and her friend this July and we are really glad we did...made lots of great memories. I have a video at www.pinkdaisyp.com (click on demos then family cruise) that you can view and see how they acted (sometimes their 13 year old-ness came out)...most of the time they were a delight! Now when they watch the video (which is a lot) they make comments about how fun it was! We even gave them the video camera the last night of the cruise and they got video footage of the friends they met!:)

Our DD has been on more Cruises than we have and she is still in High School - we always take one or two of her friends with us = her friends families get excited and go and she gets to go with them - I think thats called a multiplier factor or something -

dw and I do not mind going on a ship that we have not been on before and having our daughter be our "Native Guide"

I enjoy knowing more about the particular ship by going on line, reading the boards etc .. than she does, makes me lol:D

We started taking our 2 boys in 1998 when they were 5 and 8 "ish". Now one has 17 cruises under his belt at the age of 16. (the oldest has missed some due to college...but he still has 13)

We have 4 more booked in the next 6 momths. They love to cruise. They much prefer it to any of the dozens of theme parks we have taken them to.

They behaved on the ship the same way they behave at home. (attention parents...this is the key!!)

I did wait until they were older before we started. This is just a personal preference, but cruising with an infant just was not for me.

Hope you all have a great cruise!

I really think it depends on the age. I'm just not sure if it is a good idea for people to bring infants, toddlers or very young children.

Before anyone drags out their flamethrowers let me just say I love kids. We cruised with our kids.

My belief that there is a time and place for kids on a cruise comes from observing lots of miserable kids and miserable parents. Thats all.

No one's kids have ever ruined my vacation so I could really care less. I just feel sorry for people who have spent a good deal of money for the trip and are obviously not having fun.

Take them! I started taking my kids on cruises from the time they were 2 years old. They are about to go on their 5th cruise. They love it. Last year we gave them a choice of going on a cruise and going to Disney World and they chose the cruise. Camp Carnival is a great way for the kids to have fun and allow mom and dad to have some free time also.

Lora

I agree with taking them - if they are old enough to enjoy the Camp Carnival activities they will have a ball. My DD cruised for the first time at age 10 and we would have a hard time leaving her behind now. She had a wonderful time and loves cruising as much as I do. She will be 14 on our next cruise in April and it will be her third one .

I will probably take her on a special cruise for her Sweet Sixteen birthday.

I am taking my 4 year old son.....and my mother. We had the choice to leave him with her at home and I decided that it would be more fun if they both came. This way we can all enjoy ourselves and spend time together and apart. I looked into the Camp Carnival reviews and think my child will love spending time with the activities. So I say go for it. As for the people who don't like kids on cruises......I look at it this way. My son is well behaved but at least once on the cruise he will be a brat....and that will be the time they remember, or perhaps the only time they see him. In that case there isn't anything I can do to change their minds and I am not going to let it ruin my time and it is up to them if it ruins theirs.

We've cruised twice sans kiddos, and it was nice and relaxing. They were small at the time, and I just couldn't justify dragging all the baby gear and crap along. Plus, I don't care how 'well behaved' kids CAN be, it's a crap shoot as to how they will adjust to the new surroundings, any kid can have an "off" day or two. Which at HOME isn't a big deal, but when you have family excursions planned and you only have a set number of vacation days on your cruise, I *personally* didn't want to chance it.

We're now planning cruise #3 for us, probably not until 11/09. This time we're taking the kids, picked an itinerary that's kid friendly and offers things my kids like to do. When we sail they will be 7 and 11, great ages to be able to sit patiently through long dinners, comfortably participate in Camp Carnival, and APPRECIATE and REMEMBER the trip. Although we're going into this knowing full well that it won't be the same as cruising as a couple of adults. But we want to start building family cruising memories at this point.

It's all about expectations, IMO. :)

We've cruised twice sans kiddos, and

We're now planning cruise #3 for us, probably not until 11/09. This time we're taking the kids, picked an itinerary that's kid friendly and offers things my kids like to do. When we sail they will be 7 and 11, great ages to be able to sit patiently through long dinners, comfortably participate in Camp Carnival, and APPRECIATE and REMEMBER the trip. Although we're going into this knowing full well that it won't be the same as cruising as a couple of adults. But we want to start building family cruising memories at this point.

It's all about expectations, IMO. :)

We started ours at 6 and 8. We did a 5-day cruise then and a 6-day cruise this year and we'll do an 8-day next year. You are right about the memories and appreciation of a cruise. Each cruise is etched in our kids' minds. They've loved their cruises.

You can still have your adult time on a cruise and a great family vacation at the same time. You get the best of both worlds. The big difference is ending your nights a little early. We'll be out to 10 at the latest and then it's back to the cabin with the kids. By the way, that's when you'll appreciate having the tv in the room (and Carnival has network afilliates) or even internet access. The early bed time does get me to the gym first thing in the morning and that's not a bad thing either.

We took our 13 year old daughter and her friend this July and we are really glad we did...made lots of great memories. I have a video at www.pinkdaisyp.com (click on demos then family cruise) that you can view and see how they acted (sometimes their 13 year old-ness came out)...most of the time they were a delight! Now when they watch the video (which is a lot) they make comments about how fun it was! We even gave them the video camera the last night of the cruise and they got video footage of the friends they met!:)

We took the time over two nights to watch all of your videos. Obviously you had an awesome time!! Thanks so much for taking the time to post your videos...you are so talented!!

Payd:) and her beloved daughter:cool: Allison(Who really wants to go on a cruise)

My DD is 3 and in 15 days she will be going on her 3rd cruise. She has been on as many cruises as her daddy has. He is not a big cruise fan, but I am. So when I need a roomate I take my DD. We always have a blast. My parents are always with us on the cruise, but she is the best cruise companion I could ask for.

I would not want to miss taking her on these cruises. This will be the first cruise that her daddy is taking with us, so he is in for some fun times. And I am not being sarcastic. Some people say that she will not remember these cruises, that may be true. But I will always remember them!!

Take them and have a blast!! They are only young once, as we all know!

Take them. My kids love to go. It's all they talk about for months before and after.

This sounds like my dd. She's almost 4 and has been on 3 cruises. Also been to Walt Disney World 3 times but she always talks about the cruises. When we ask "which place would you rather go to?" She always picks a cruise ship.

Now that she loves it so much we couldn't imagine going without her. I'd feel too guilty, but that's just us.

Archived