Hate to be rude...

DyanaT

I am in miami next saturday, I will be signing my my latest work, called "**** my Post Page" in the Wallmart half way down Kendal drive, I think I will also take the opportunity to kill two poulet with one zercon, and buy some cutting edge fashion for the cruise we will take a week later, I think the ship is the ***** of the Seas, regards ps you are most welcome

Yep, I knewed it wuz yew.:D

Beauty!

Dan

No not at all,its a fantasy chat board and new people are the ones who get more info than they need now. I still say most people are making things up just like the thread on knocking on someones door.I highly doubt all those that stated they would use violence,would actually do it.Its easy on this board to say one thing and do actually do another.

There is a wealth of info for new cruisers on these boards. I have learned alot and I hope my experience helps others also.

Oh I'm sure there are some on here that don't have a life so they fabricate things but for the most part I believe people on these boards love cruising and come on here to share their experience.

Sorry if you feel this is a fantasy.......

Maybe before booking his next cruise, he should go through and look at the photos of the ships, and the floor plans. Maybe he would see that the class of his ship is the same for quite a few ships.

I thought the Art work was great on glory. I had no complaints of all ships I have been on.

I guess the old saying "it's in the eye of the beholder" rings more than true here.

I am not sure if I just have a different sense of humor but I found that review witty, hilarious and self-deprecating all at the same time! Kudos to the author and to the critics --- reread it: I think you may have missed the tongue in cheek humor.:rolleyes:

I was interested in some of the observations about cruising and poverty,there was a thread on this board about Labadee, the poster asked if it was possible to haggle with the vendors, the responses started with a "yes", others then posted there tales of how they "beat down" the vendors,each adding to the previous post, in an effort to outdo, it then culminated with one poster stating that she had taken food from the buffet and swapped it for an artifact, it was said with elan, the desenting posters arrived, we left Labadee on the next tender we could, the stench of exploitation was to great for our nasal passages, my wife was a maitre d starting in the carrib in the early 90s, I have two captains as friends, one who we will be staying with next week in miami next week, they all prefer to work on European lines who pay a living wage to the hotel staff, not 50$ amonth and tips. I justify our use of this type of travel in the carrib, as fact finding, and we try to do as little damage as possible. On the 27th the BBC radio 4 station, at 8pm has a programme about the "out of control cruise industry" which will air the "dirty underbelly of the cruise industry" regards http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/thepriceoffun/pip/sziy3/

I thought the review was one of the best I have read on Cruise Critic.

I laughed several times while reading it (which is more than I can say about any onboard comedians I have ever seen!). I also think he was completely correct about the shows, most shows on cruise ships are not very good.

I think he provides some really nice ideas on how to get away from the crowds.

I think thoughful travel is more interesting than turning off your brain and ignoring the plight of people in countries that you visit.

I would like to see more reviews by him!

BTW, has anyone ever bought any of the art at the auctions??

One questions, does anyone know what "King Dumpling continues to amaze." means?

I googled it and only found links to chinese restaurants!

I am amazed that a Pierre of the Realm does not understand this, if you compare Har Gaw, a very light dumpling, filled with chopped prawns, it is easy on the eye, and easy to digest, to Lo Mai Gai a large crude dumpling with a filling of left overs covered with sticky rice and wrap in a rather coarse leaf,not easy on the eye, hard to digest,it has the effect on me, that I produce methane, and I find I have to vent the gas as loudly as I can. I would like to send you my latest work, the thought police edited the title the last time so I will try to get round them, it is called, "P-I-M-P my POST PAGE" it compares neandertal cave painting, and the desire of some to dignify their posts with glitter, pictures, quotes,and the trips they have or have not been on, to try to add substance to their vacuus posts,:rolleyes: regards

There is a wealth of info for new cruisers on these boards. I have learned alot and I hope my experience helps others also.

Oh I'm sure there are some on here that don't have a life so they fabricate things but for the most part I believe people on these boards love cruising and come on here to share their experience.

Sorry if you feel this is a fantasy.......

Don't get me wrong here, peoples pre planning as well as posting is all part of the fantasy,whether it be for info prior to the cruise which is the anticipation leading up to them actually going, or after the cruise where one is still living in it. Fantasy is part of the reality here. I agree with you that there is wealth of info, too much IMHO.:D

Don't get me wrong here, peoples pre planning as well as posting is all part of the fantasy,whether it be for info prior to the cruise which is the anticipation leading up to them actually going, or after the cruise where one is still living in it. Fantasy is part of the reality here. I agree with you that there is wealth of info, too much IMHO.:D

Okey dokey:rolleyes:

Hate to be rude... but thank GOD I don't have to travel with the man who wrote this review... it's like a crazy university professor.

You are so right! And that's b/c I am an English university prof! This guy is definitely confusing his cruise ship review with a review or critique of literary theory.

You are so right! And that's b/c I am an English university prof! This guy is definitely confusing his cruise ship review with a review or critique of literary theory.
I am confused also! do you mean you are English, and teach at a University, or are you a prof of English at a University, if the latter, English Lit or Language? regards ps what a splendid name, it makes me feel like I should mount something, and joust.

I am confused also! do you mean you are English, and teach at a University, or are you a prof of English at a University, if the latter, English Lit or Language? regards ps what a splendid name, it makes me feel like I should mount something, and joust.

What a close reader! I am a prof of English Lit at a university; my specialty is Renaissance drama.

PS I am delighted that my name inspired such chivalric reaction within you; how romantic!

with this guy or with his post. He has some good points.

As far as intellectual stimulation on a cruise ship, it can be done. He could've brought his own books, he could've checked out the ship library, he could've watched enriching stuff on tv or dvd.

Regarding his whole "ugly American" perspective, my feeling is that tourism in general can be ugly. It doesn't matter if you're American, European, Asian, etc. When you travel to a foreign destination you almost never know the language (a few words doesn't count), you have limited knowledge of local customs and beliefs, and you are drinking and eating and having a good time when the locals are wondering how to get their next meal.

I like to feel that my cruise dollars spent in port may be helping the local economy, and I'm sure it does, but we don't get to see that. Americans do seem to be the most ignorant of all travelers, and I'm not sure why that is, but there's not much to be done about that except try not to be one myself. It does get tiresome to see people bartering in the ports for things they don't really want or need. The prices are already low but people are obsessed with the idea of getting a bargain. Half the stuff bought either ends up in the garbage on in the local goodwill. So I guess that would be my main complaint. If you can afford the local prices, and nearly all of us can, you shouldn't really be bartering just for the sake of bartering.

What a close reader! I am a prof of English Lit at a university; my specialty is Renaissance drama.

PS I am delighted that my name inspired such chivalric reaction within you; how romantic!

Romantic, and a pedant, did you mean that I am a careful reader, I thought that the proximity of the lit was more to do with eyesight, although I do tend to keep certain missives at arms length. regards ps chivalric reaction, my lineage?

My husband and I enjoyed this cruiser's dry wit. And he had very valuable tips in our opinion. We can tell his wife and him have travelled a fair bit and would have loved to have them as table mates. Here's hoping we also have a

Beatles party on the Conquest in November.

Keith and Jan

Archived