gift idea for Alaska cruise

knorrisb07

We just came back from a 7-day Alaska cruise. And we just found out my friend and his fiance are getting married next month and they are going to Alaska cruise for their honeymoon. We are thinking to get them a gift (for about $200) for their trip. Here is what we have come up so far: (1) point'n'shoot camera (they already have a good dSLR); (2)a pair of good binoculars; (3) can we deposit onboard credit under their name through Pricncess? Any other ideas? We don't want to just hand them a $200 gift card so we can avoid the process of thinking. Thanks

I may not be of much help here, but I can suggest ruling out one of your options. If your friend already has a good dSLR, then chances are he has well developed opinions about cameras and it's probably something he would prefer to pick out himself. I don't know if this helps.

Binoculars are a must for any Alaska trip, as you know, so if they don't already have some, that would be good. Or you could go 'high-touch' instead of 'high-tech' and get them a couples massage in the spa.

We just came back from a 7-day Alaska cruise. And we just found out my friend and his fiance are getting married next month and they are going to Alaska cruise for their honeymoon. We are thinking to get them a gift (for about $200) for their trip. Here is what we have come up so far: (1) point'n'shoot camera (they already have a good dSLR); (2)a pair of good binoculars; (3) can we deposit onboard credit under their name through Pricncess? Any other ideas? We don't want to just hand them a $200 gift card so we can avoid the process of thinking. Thanks

How thoughtful and what good ideas! Is this their first cruise? If so maybe the ship-board credit would be the most helpful to them. If not and if they don't already have binoculars that would be my second choice.

d

I want to thank all of you for your input. yes, they are the first time cruising Alaska. After learning we can deposit onboard credit for them, we are thinking of doing this: register onboard credit under their names. Then, we will let them use our binoculars. I really hate to see they miss those wonderful opportunities out there. but hey, they are honeymooner, who cares about those scenery. ;)

Archived