CB DRY DOCK is this bad

JDBD

We are going on the CB 20th April 2008 after we return the CB goes into dry dock, I was thinking this may have a negative affect on our cruise as maybe princess will not stock the ship as usual i.e the shops and bars as it is the last cruise for some time. What do all you experts think. This is our first Princess cruise

I had not really thought much about this before! I can see where this could concern you, but it could also have a different effect in that they might be discounting things in the gift shop more.

My feeling, not having experienced this before, is they will still give you a great cruise! Maybe serve steak a few more times to clear the freezers?

the cb going into drydock wont affect your cruise,it will be like every other cruise,if anything you might get better discounts on goods,and that is a good thing for you,let us know how your cruise went:)));)

I wouldn't worry about the "stuff" issue, or that they'll run out of liquor any time on your cruise. On the other hand, there have been some reports of service problems the cruise before dry dock on some other ships. Some was attributed to the ship not being fully staffed, with replacement crew members who'd normally be scheduled to come on board as others finished their contracts deferred until after dry dock, and some because crew members finishing their contracts and not returning to the ship weren't always helpful.

There do seem to be a lot more problems immediately post-dry dock than right before, so I don't know that I'd get too worried about it.

We are going on the CB 20th April 2008 after we return the CB goes into dry dock, I was thinking this may have a negative affect on our cruise as maybe princess will not stock the ship as usual i.e the shops and bars as it is the last cruise for some time. What do all you experts think. This is our first Princess cruise

JDBD,

I am also going on this cruise with my family, and had some of the same concerns as you.

My thought was "am I really going to cancel this cruise because of these concerns".

I am leaving well enough alone because I don't think it really is an issue and there is nothing I can do about it anyway.

I'm going onboard and have fun,fun, fun! :D

Have a great voyage!

I wouldn't worry about the "stuff" issue, or that they'll run out of liquor any time on your cruise. On the other hand, there have been some reports of service problems the cruise before dry dock on some other ships. Some was attributed to the ship not being fully staffed, with replacement crew members who'd normally be scheduled to come on board as others finished their contracts deferred until after dry dock, and some because crew members finishing their contracts and not returning to the ship weren't always helpful.

There do seem to be a lot more problems immediately post-dry dock than right before, so I don't know that I'd get too worried about it.

Well then, I am glad we are on the second sailing after drydock and not the first! :)

JDBD,

I am also going on this cruise with my family, and had some of the same concerns as you.

My thought was "am I really going to cancel this cruise because of these concerns".

I am leaving well enough alone because I don't think it really is an issue and there is nothing I can do about it anyway.

I'm going onboard and have fun,fun, fun! :D

Have a great voyage!

I would not want to cancel, but I do have a 10 hr flight to look forward to to get to the ship, so just wanted to make sure it was going to be worth it as my Husband hates fliying and I would not like to put him through 10 hrs if it wasent going to be worth it

Archived