choosing aft 9290 vs 7688 aft on NOS

I am currently holding 9290 on NOS and just saw 7688 come available should I stay with 9290 or switch to 7688 it looks like a larger balcony but am concerned with the superstructure. If anyone has been in these cabins could give me a little feedback it would be appreciated..

Thanks

I am currently holding 9290 on NOS and just saw 7688 come available should I stay with 9290 or switch to 7688 it looks like a larger balcony but am concerned with the superstructure. If anyone has been in these cabins could give me a little feedback it would be appreciated..

Thanks

7688, hands down. In my opinion, it's the best cabin on the ship for the money.

Unfortunately, I haven't stayed in that cabin since I got my (first!) digital camera, so I don't have pictures, but Bonnie Voyager does:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114447175036355651FdlJDQ

7688, hands down. In my opinion, it's the best cabin on the ship for the money.

Unfortunately, I haven't stayed in that cabin since I got my (first!) digital camera, so I don't have pictures, but Bonnie Voyager does:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114447175036355651FdlJDQ

Thanks Merion mom, if you say it is a better location then I know it is so. I am on the phone right now with my TA changing it if it is still available it looks like it is and now is officially changed. I do like that you can see out the side as well as the aft...Thanks again..

I do hope you got it switched by now. You probably wouldn't go wrong either way. But, I agree with MM that between those two--for the money--7688 would be nice. Last year on Voyager, we went downstairs on our way off (disembarkation day) just to see that colossal balcony. My gosh, you can move in there and make a new way of life for yourself there. Now, the room is small proportionate to the balcony. That's okay. Go to Webshots and search on "cabin 7688" or some such. The pictures are incredible. I saw one once where they had a party of 21 people pictured there. The thing wasn't half full. I've heard people say "well it's just the two of us...we don't need that big of a balcony." Those folks haven't stepped out onto 7688. Go have yourself a great time.

We had 7388, on the other end, on the Explorer and the Navigator. We also have booked that room for the Mariner in 2009. It is a great balcony and I slept like a baby. It wasn't noisy at all. You will love it. I am jealous. We love that class of ship.

Guess the Mariner stateroom 7688 or 7388 would have same size balcony?

Annieeee

Far as I know, all room numbers on Voyager-class ships correspond on each. You thinking about the same room, I take it?

Annieeee

Yes, those aft cabins would be the same across the board on all Voyager class and Freedom class ships.

The standard side view balconies, however, are different on some of them. Voyager, Explorer and Adventure have larger side view balconies than Mariner and Navigator. Freedom class ships have larger side view balconies across the board.

Annieeee

Yes. The actual afts of each of the Voyager class ships AND the Freedom class ships are identical. 7688 & 7388 are identical (mirror images of each other), and 7708 and 7408 are identical to them.

8 ships, 16 perfect cabins! ;)

Couple of years ago we had 1388 on NOS, which was great. That and it's mirror cabin are not available on my explorer sailing. I put a deposit on 1394 which is available and an aft, but not a corner. Would I be happier with an E1 corner aft , like what was mentioned in the above post, then the Jr.Suite center aft.

Appreciate any info on differences. We will have our two teenagers in an inside across the hall.

Thanks,

Couple of years ago we had 1388 on NOS, which was great. That and it's mirror cabin are not available on my explorer sailing. I put a deposit on 1394 which is available and an aft, but not a corner. Would I be happier with an E1 corner aft , like what was mentioned in the above post, then the Jr.Suite center aft.

Appreciate any info on differences. We will have our two teenagers in an inside across the hall.

Thanks,

I don't know how big a deal price is, but let me assume that you're willing to pay for a JS (1394). After re-booking our favorite corner aft last year, we took a free upgrade to the JS category and ended up in 1694. It's next door to, and is the mirror twin of, 1394. These are great cabins with huge, spectacular balconies. With a real shower/tub, a step-in closet, the extra C&A point and priority boarding at embarkation, we thought it was a great experience. Hard to beat if you're willing to pay for it.

2317247490039822749S425x425Q85.jpg2903563290039822749S425x425Q85.jpg

Archived