Rooms opening up after final payment?

My parents are thinking they may want to go on our cruise with us but there are no balcony cabins right now. Final payment is due around Sept 1 so I told them to wait to see if any open up. How does Royal do this? Will there suddenly be a bunch of cabins available say at midnight on the due date? I'm assumming of course if there even are cabins that open up; I realize it might not happen. I know that sometimes TAs buy up a bunch of rooms that might go unsold or if someone forgets to make a payment or just changes their mind. Does the computer automatically put those rooms back up for sale right away?

My parents are thinking they may want to go on our cruise with us but there are no balcony cabins right now. Final payment is due around Sept 1 so I told them to wait to see if any open up. How does Royal do this? Will there suddenly be a bunch of cabins available say at midnight on the due date? I'm assumming of course if there even are cabins that open up; I realize it might not happen. I know that sometimes TAs buy up a bunch of rooms that might go unsold or if someone forgets to make a payment or just changes their mind. Does the computer automatically put those rooms back up for sale right away?
I'd start looking now, maybe see if they can get on a waitlist. A lot of people don't wait until the last day to cancel.

I am on the NOS and though I was booked in a balcony cabin all ready I wanted to change but there were no E1 or E2 balconies available, I looked today and both catergories now had cabins available including the one that I wanted...So yes as it gets closer to final payment you will see cabins become availabe. Final payment for our cruise is due the latter part of September..so just keep checking. Hope this helps

I'd start looking now, maybe see if they can get on a waitlist. A lot of people don't wait until the last day to cancel.

Oh I'll still check every day. Probably several times. As for waitlisting, they're still not 100% positive they want to go, so they're not going to do that yet. I guess I wondering if nothing opens up before hand, if there's a set time when all the "no payments" go back on the market.

It is possible but don't hold your breath.

TA's can book (hold) a group but only a limited number of cabins are available for groups and these are held far in advance and then they must have names and full deposits with 90-days of booking.

What I am saying is that this late in the game (final due sep 1) I am sure their are no spare group space to be released.

Posiible individul bookings may cancel but who knows

I would have my travel agent get in touch with the cruise line and get them on a wait list for a balcony, IF one comes up, and this is a big IF you and they just might luck out

Good luck

Archived